The National Christmas Center is Closing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The National Christmas Center is Closing

We read on their website and then confirmed with a visit on Thursday, that the National Christmas Center in Paradise, Pa., will be closing its doors on Sunday, January 7, 2018, if they can't find a buyer. We've been regulars over the years and it will really be sad to see them go if no buyer is found. If you haven't been there, I heartily recommend the pilgrimage before it's too late.

I have always wanted to go there. I guess it will have to get higher on my priority list. I hope they find a buyer.

Comment

Oh no! Sad news.

Here's a tour of it on Google:
      https://www.google.com/maps/place/Na...5cb3d830075043
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I'm bummed. I was hoping to get there someday.
        Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

getting too old and im sure its costly...maybe not enough people to buy anymore...times seem like we are in a depression all over again....i do hope someone comes to keep it open..

Comment

Oh man, visiting the National Christmas Center is one of those things that's been on my bucket list for years. It's sad to hear that they are struggling so badly that they can't keep the doors open anymore. Where is America's Christmas spirit?

Hopefully a buyer will come through at the last minute, but unfortunately it looks like visiting there is now an opportunity that is simply lost.

Comment

I didn't even know there was a National Christmas Center. Too bad it is closing and I hope someone takes it over.

Hopefully Bronner's never closes, as I want to visit there someday.
              "Christmas isn't just a day...it's a frame of mind!"

Comment

I am hoping to get to Bronners myself someday."

Did you know they allowed google maps to go inside the store with their cameras? (so that you can view the inside of the store with "street view"
                Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

I did not know that. Thanks!
                  "Christmas isn't just a day...it's a frame of mind!"

Comment

Don't lose hope yet, everyone! They're still open through January 6th. I hope some of you that want to see it before it closes can manage to do so. I'd like to see it as well. We're probably scattered all over the globe here, but maybe we could arrange a group visit?

Comment

Bump for a couple people!
                      Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
                      Oh no! Sad news.

Here's a tour of it on Google:
                      https://www.google.com/maps/place/Na...5cb3d830075043
                      Nutcracker fetishist.
                      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

My husband and I will have to make sure to go this year! Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1593 users online. 9 members and 1584 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                        X