real or fake tree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our main tree is always real. We also put up a few different artificial trees (specifically in bedrooms, since it wouldn't be practical to keep so many alive for a month or longer.)

Comment

Originally posted by SantaSarah View Post
      Our main tree is always real. We also put up a few different artificial trees (specifically in bedrooms, since it wouldn't be practical to keep so many alive for a month or longer.)
      That's really neat. Were gonna have a real tree downstairs and a fake one upstairs. I would,love to have one in,each bedroom but my would not allow it hahahaha

Comment

I love a real tree but I hate watering it and cleaning up all those needles. My SIL is a thrift store junky and managed to pick up a few really expensive trees for $5 each. One was way to big for their house, so we ended up with it. It's massive and honestly looks like a real tree. Of course, I never really understood what the advertisements meant when they mentioned branch tips until I straightened out about 1000 of them. One thing I noticed with a real tree is that my arms were always covered with welts after I got it set up and decorated. Oddly, I still get the welts with the artificial tree.

Comment

I have always--ALWAYS!--had real trees. To me, there is just something missing with artificial trees . . . a part of the soul of the Christmas tree is missing.

And so it's with a heavy heart that I announce today I bought my first artificial tree. I'm living in a very small studio apartment right now and there's just not room for a real tree, and right now I also don't really have the money for one.

I found this artificial tree at Walmart for a mere 20 bucks, and while it's 6 ft tall, it's also relatively slender and fits well into the little bit of room I have for it in my apartment. It breaks my heart a bit to bring an artificial tree into my home, but I figured it's better than no tree at all. And for a tree that only cost $20, it looks surprisingly nice so I'm as pleased with it as I can be.

Comment

I like how real trees look but you have to make sure you don't let them dry out, especially when you have lights on them to prevent a fire. I prefer fake trees. That way I can use the same tree over and over again every year.

Comment

Originally posted by SPX View Post
              I have always--ALWAYS!--had real trees. To me, there is just something missing with artificial trees . . . a part of the soul of the Christmas tree is missing.

And so it's with a heavy heart that I announce today I bought my first artificial tree. I'm living in a very small studio apartment right now and there's just not room for a real tree, and right now I also don't really have the money for one.

I found this artificial tree at Walmart for a mere 20 bucks, and while it's 6 ft tall, it's also relatively slender and fits well into the little bit of room I have for it in my apartment. It breaks my heart a bit to bring an artificial tree into my home, but I figured it's better than no tree at all. And for a tree that only cost $20, it looks surprisingly nice so I'm as pleased with it as I can be.
              If it makes you feel any better, real trees are plagued with problems this year. More expensive than usual due to a shortage, and many are riddled with bugs. They're reminding the real tree users to always check your trees for insect families before taking them home.

Comment

Originally posted by howard langston View Post

If it makes you feel any better, real trees are plagued with problems this year. More expensive than usual due to a shortage, and many are riddled with bugs. They're reminding the real tree users to always check your trees for insect families before taking them home.
                A late response, I guess. Very late, actually.

Never before have I encountered a bug problem in a Christmas tree, but that sounds pretty awful. Guess I'm glad I got the tree I got.

But I'm not pulling back on my proclamation that a real tree is the best. It is!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1410 users online. 6 members and 1404 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                X