Funny story had to share

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny story had to share

Ok, in a few posts including one on christmasfanclub, I have sent out a request wanting to buy a plastic sleigh, and 10 deer. Yes 10 deer and here is why............................this past year my 8 year old daughter (the only girl beside her mom, so yeah she gets special treatment lol) (and bless her heart she is the most gullible person on the planet) anyway, she was riding with me in my truck to pick up a payment for a job done in little rock. Well we were riding along listening to Christmas music on the radio and Rudolph by Gene Autry came on. She was singing her little heart out and when she gets to the part that says " But do you recall?" the most famous reindeer of all.....I stopped her and said "Emy what did you say?" so she repeated it and I told her thats not what it says........It says "but do you know Claude", and the most famous reindeer of all.......She kinda argued with me that I was wrong (I never cracked a smile) I proceeded to tell her this long drawn out story that Claude was a little unruly and they left him out of the cartoons because he was always in some sort of mischief. I went on to tell her that he lives in the village with all the Elf of a Shelf guys in Istanbul. Please try to imagine this beautiful little girl soaking in all of Dads wisdom, as I told her that Santa still lets claude go out with the rest of the team on Christmas but he has to run along beside them because there are not enough hitches on the sleigh. Well, me and the family has a good laugh after she went to bed that evening and I thought it was over...WRONG. Next day on a job site in Greenville SC my cell rings and its the school. I excused myself long enough to answer and be informed that during Chorus class Emy refused to sing it "right" because "my daddy said thats not right...and he is never wrong"...OH GOD I ABOUT DIED!!!! I had to explain the joke to the teacher. I thought boy Im glad thats over...WRONG....The lead Engineer had overheard the conversation and I got a full day....no...week of ribbing about not knowing the words to a kids song.....Well if you think it was over....WRONG AGAIN......A few weeks ago I decided to buy a sleigh and deer and make them appear to be wayyyyyy up high flying in my neighbors yard for 2017. I sat down with my laptop and started shopping, I found the most amazing 1977 Empire sleigh with 1 deer on ebay, next day I found an auction for 2 more deer, total of 3. I showed my daughter what I had found (she is my helper on christmas decorations, and pretty much the shot caller) and she says, you only need 7 more deer daddy, I told her I was just gonna get 8 and that would be enough, the said "Daddy you started this mess, now do it right...we gonna have 10"...........Me and my big mouth....I hope you enjoy it as much as I did doing it.....Don

thanks for sharing that, Don. Absolutely precious. Kids may be gullible but at the same time they are smart as heck. They never forget anything you tell them (except to brush their teeth and clean their room). And they can put the funniest spin on things. At 8 yrs old we just cannot compete with their logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
      thanks for sharing that, Don. Absolutely precious. Kids may be gullible but at the same time they are smart as heck. They never forget anything you tell them (except to brush their teeth and clean their room). And they can put the funniest spin on things. At 8 yrs old we just cannot compete with their logic.
      We have 4 boys ages 21, 21, 13, and 12......and then there is her, or as we all refer to her...."her majesty" but when it comes time to hang lights, build nativities, cut grass, etc, etc....she is right by my side.

Comment

LOL! How funny. Thanks so much for sharing.
        Mark
        Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Great story! Kids soak up just about everything we tell them. You still have a few years left before the "BIG ONE" comes around when her friends start telling her that Santa is just a myth and has never been real. I had to really think about that one when my son came home feeling in the dumps because his friends told him that Santa wasn't a real person.

I looked at my wife and said......well, here we go! It all worked out in the end as he turns 30 next month and yes.....he still believes in Santa Claus!

Comment

LOL! Funny story! Thanks for sharing!
            Nutcracker fetishist.
            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2130 users online. 10 members and 2120 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
            X