Need New Ideas For Forum Member Activities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted our first contest of the year. I have had no response yet so I am hoping it is just because none of you have seen it yet. I thought those of you that have been posting on this thread would surely be excited to join. If you haven't checked it out yet here is the CONTEST LINK

Comment

It might not be the best time of the year to have Christmas contests. I saw the contest but couldn't think of any kind of art I wanted to do!
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

PC, the whole idea to having contests year round is to get people interested, involved, and participate more. If we wait until Nov and Dec to do everything people are too busy getting ready for Christmas. We use to do our prop contest in the spring and everyone loved it. They weren't busy with any other holidays. I am hoping by 2018 to be able to do a contest or exchange every other month.

Comment

I think this is a good time of year for the contest. Unfortunately I am drawing a blank of what to do. I am going to try and do something.

Comment

this is the best I can do in a pinch, Im sorry I couldnt dedicate more time to the contest, However I would like to excuse myself from the contest for not reading the rules more closely....I overlooked the "original" art part and just threw an anna and elsa together. Just for the record all freehand lol. Sorry guys I promise a better showing on the next contest, Thanks JW for keeping a buzz around here. Ps I would also like to apologize for looking like a homeless guy in the pics, its been a rough few weeks at work....

Comment

Don, I am a little confused by your post. I understand it was suppose to be a joke, I think, but I am not sure what it has to do with you not taking part in the contest. Nice drawing, btw. I hope you will reconsider. The reason we do not have more forum events like you were asking for is no one takes part. Since you started this thread I thought I would give it another try. It may be short lived again if no one is interested or even responds.

Andy, great to hear you are up for the challenge. It may be you and I taking home the prizes if no one else wants to play. Haha. Easy win.

If any of you have Facebook accounts it would be great if you shared a link to the contest page on your page. It might spark someone's interest in the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Mcabee View Post
                I recently got involved in a post about a secret stocking exchange (really hoping the author of the thread goes through with it) and it has me thinking, what are some christmas fan club activities (besides that one) can we get going? I would like to see several "contests"/ drawings/ trivia/ etc activities we can do on here to keep a little bit of buzz going on. Lets hear some suggestions and throw a few things against the wall and see what sticks....Don
                I for sure will make the stocking exchange happen

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
                  PC, the whole idea to having contests year round is to get people interested, involved, and participate more. If we wait until Nov and Dec to do everything people are too busy getting ready for Christmas. We use to do our prop contest in the spring and everyone loved it. They weren't busy with any other holidays. I am hoping by 2018 to be able to do a contest or exchange every other month.
                  What a about something like the reaper exchange but with Christmas instead ?

Comment

Don, I am a little confused by your post. I understand it was suppose to be a joke, I think, but I am not sure what it has to do with you not taking part in the contest. Nice drawing, btw. I hope you will reconsider. The reason we do not have more forum events like you were asking for is no one takes part. Since you started this thread I thought I would give it another try. It may be short lived again if no one is interested or even responds.

Andy, great to hear you are up for the challenge. It may be you and I taking home the prizes if no one else wants to play. Haha. Easy win.

If any of you have Facebook accounts it would be great if you shared a link to the contest page on your page. It might spark someone's interest in the site.
                    JW, If I cause confusion Im sorry I has been a really rough week at work lol, that being said once I seen the contest I breezed though the rules and dove right in with the anna and elsa. Once I seen that it was for original I decided to bow out (anna and elsa characters are disney originals....I wish they were mine) but, I promise to give the next contest 100% participation. Once again thank you so much for keeping the buzz going on here. Your compliments on the drawing is very much appreciated. And to all that see this post Thank you for not making fun of the shaved ape holding the pencil (me!)

Comment

Don, no problem about the confusion. That is my general state of mind. I hope you will consider another creation. You're obviously very talented.

Comment

No problem, Im wired and ready for the next contest. Honestly I owe you a big thanks for getting me out of my artistic slump, until the contest I had now drawn anything in over a year, I guess I needed the challenge. Line up the next contest I feel a grand slam coming on. Don

Comment

great. however, you do realize the next one is not an art contest? LOL.

I may extend the deadline on this one just a bit. Waiting to see how much interest we get. looks like maybe 5 so far.

Comment

great. however, you do realize the next one is not an art contest? LOL.

I may extend the deadline on this one just a bit. Waiting to see how much interest we get. looks like maybe 5 so far.
                            Im game for anything....song, poem, story, you name it...

Comment

I love the writing ideas, but then that's a hobby of mine anyway. I have two suggestions to add to the list.

1. A (hopefully humorous) short story contest about the worst Christmas present you've ever received.

2. Gingerbread House Contest. Many options here. Make the most elaborate house, the largest, re-create a famous house out of gingerbread, etc. Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to judge by taste, but some pictures might do.

Comment

I like this idea!!! I have bad gift story that will make a sailor blush. lol

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1869 users online. 9 members and 1860 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                                X