The "All Year Tree"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "All Year Tree"

We put up an "all year tree" this year. The idea is that since we collect vintage ornaments through out the year, we need a place the hang them. That and we need a little Christmas all year.

I like it!
    "Christmas isn't just a day...it's a frame of mind!"

Comment

That's awesome!!! Id love to have a tree up all year but my wife would kill me hahahaha

Comment

I love it and am planning to do the same thing in my study. I have a 6-foot artificial up now, lights-only, and when my school teacher wife goes back to work in two weeks, antique ornaments start going on! I love being retired.
        Last edited by Bedford Falls Postmaster; 09-15-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

This reminds me of a house I used to drive by on my way home from work. They had a bow window and they decorated it year round. Hearts for valentines day, shamrocks and stuff in March, Bunnies for Easter, etc. It was nice to see when I drove by.

I wonder if they have a tree up inside the house all year.
          Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Been up most of the last two nights with a bad cold, watching Christmas movies, and enjoying my "Year Round Tree"!

Comment

Hope you feel better soon!
              Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Originally posted by Bedford Falls Postmaster View Post
                Been up most of the last two nights with a bad cold, watching Christmas movies, and enjoying my "Year Round Tree"!
                That's terrible, hope your better by now. I'm gonna try and convince my wife to let me keep a tree up yr round. Maybe I can keep it in the man cave lol

Comment

I'm at the tail end of a cold myself! Sounds like we got the same thing at the same time.
                  Nutcracker fetishist.
                  Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

To all you folks under the weather, I hope you get well soon! It took me a week to get rid of mine.

Comment

Bumping this thread because a Teen Titans Go episode gave me great ideas for recycling Christmas stuff at Easter time and I figured fans of the all year tree would appreciate the sharing.

Turn snowmen into snow bunnies. Snow bodies with rabbit heads or at least rabbit ears. Possibly with colored eggs around them/holding baskets of eggs in their branch hands. Obviously this works best with fake snowmen.

Egg baskets under the Christmas tree. Maybe eggs hidden on the tree too.

Easter style Christmas lights, decorations, etc.

Christmas-stylized dyed eggs

Add in a recycled nativity scene and you're all set!
                      ​​​​​

Comment

I've thought about keeping a small tree up all year and decorating for the other holidays. My uncle keeps his tree up year-round. He lives in my great-grandparents old house and the rooom he keeps it in has pocket doors that he keeps shut most of the time. I guess it saves time decorating it each year.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2175 users online. 10 members and 2165 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                        X