Are you all packed up and done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you all packed up and done?

I just finished putting away the last of my Christmas stuff yesterday. I had to clean out under the steps and pile it all back in! Oh the joy! haha

I got quite messy. All that is left is for my to put the tree back in the crawl space which is always a pleasure to do. I did leave a few winter things out though. Just anything that was too "festive" got packed up.

I know this may sound bad but out tree is still up! I did manage to take down the ornaments. My boyfriend has been working over time and I have the baby to watch after so between the two of us, we have no energy right now. I did get the lights outside down so that is something. haha

Comment

My tree is still up. I start my days off after tomorrow so I hope to have it down before the weekend.

Marie
      https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

My outside lights are down, but sitting on my patio. (I have to have them down by this weekend or my HOA will complain.) I've taken two ornaments off my tree. I'm hoping this weekend I can get the majority of stuff taken down.
        Mark
        Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Well lights are still up on the gutters but not on. Everything else is put away for next Christmas season. I still have some stuff in garage to put away but that's it. So until next season!

This year we are going to be remodeling out Holiday Room, as we will be installing new shelving and making it a lot easier to find things. Instead of opening box after box to see what's in them. Even though we mark everything, sometimes they don't always get back into the same box. You all know what I mean.....don't you!
          Last edited by Falasben; 01-13-2017, 03:44 AM. Reason: updated info

Comment

Our tree came down today. I just have to repack everything downstairs.
            https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

I've got everything down now, except for some window sticky things on a couple window that were used to hold some lights.

My nutcrackers and a few Santas I keep up all year long.
              Nutcracker fetishist.
              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

everything is down and packed away in the garage, the garage was cleaned out and new 2017 projects are already on the work bench, new nativity blow molds are 80% repainted and all the wood is cut for the manger. Now I will lay all the wood outside for about 6 months and let all the pieces get weathered and exposed to all the elements to give it the "rustic old" look, before I assemble it and seal it with tons of clear. After its sealed it will be "shiney" and need to be put back outside for 2 months to make the gloss get a haze on it. New LEDS are on their way and the next 4 mini trees wire frames will follow.....so to answer the title question "are you all packed up and done" yes Im all packed up, but Im never done...lol

Comment

I was going to work on it while watching football this afternoon/evening. Now I've made plans for the rest of the day. If does plans don't wind up getting canceled, I'll probably wind up going another week.
                  Mark

Comment

Well, everything is down now. Took the lights off the gutter yesterday as weather warmed up a little and was somewhat sunny. They haven't been put away as of yet but I do have them drying out some in garage as we've been having snow and ice and freezing rain here. But show be ready to put away tomorrow as temps now are getting back up into the 40's and 50's this week.

I've even taken a brake from Christmas music for a short while, as I usually take a couple of months off just vegging from the holidays. Then it's back to work for next season after that! But except for the lights, everything else is put away. Although in another post I did say that we do leave a little bit of Christmas decor out all year round just to remind us that it's there, in case I need a pick me up!

Comment

I finally got my Christmas decorations taken down on Saturday!
                      Mark

Comment

I still have these sticky things on a couple windows that held the lights I used to decorate the windows. Not sure I need to take them off at all, since I barely use those two rooms.

Does that count?
                        Nutcracker fetishist.
                        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Just finished up the last few things today. Usually doesn't take this long to get things put away. With all the nice weather we have had this year I think I just procrastinated too much.

Comment

The Christmas tree went to the yard recycle this past week. Still smelled really great! Went back outside this past Monday and took one last smell before the trucks hauled it off to be ground down to a mulch. I guess I'll just have to go to the neighbors yard and take a sniff of their evergreens if I want to get a pick me up! LOL!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2118 users online. 12 members and 2106 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                            X