2017 Christmas season prepping underway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mariem View Post
    I have been working on some stuff for my village. I have been on this hamster wheel when it comes to painting a building to match our "Village Office". I finally got a building to repaint the same light green to match our Village Office and a couple weeks after I finally got around to painting it I went to the post office (Aug) and as I was coming out I noticed they were painting the side of the village office to a darker blue. I will have to repaint it again. *sigh* This link shows all the changes to the building in my Pinterest album.

I also just posted some pics in the "Random" thread of my yard sale items that I picked up last weekend.

Marie
    Marie, you are VERY talented!!!! I love how you created the bell tower to match the one in front of your village office. Sorry they repainted the building. Bummer!!! The one you painted green looks beautiful!

side note: what did you use to paint your wreath white? The one with the cardinals.

Comment

Originally posted by lisa48317 View Post
      The extent of my Christmas prepping is buying nutcrackers when I see them in the thrift / antique stores and checking out the lights when Walmart & such starts putting them out (for the H'ween display).

I shall share my extremely dislike for small furry rodents (aka squirrels) with you. I went into the shed in mid-September to get out my H'ween blowmolds - i found 2 JOLs and 2 snowmen FILLED WITH PINECONES !!!!! At least the snowmen hadn't been nibbled on. <expletive, expletive, expletive>
      Whoa! Sorry about that Lisa. Thatís bananas.

Comment

Originally posted by MerryMunchkins View Post

Marie, you are VERY talented!!!! I love how you created the bell tower to match the one in front of your village office. Sorry they repainted the building. Bummer!!! The one you painted green looks beautiful!

side note: what did you use to paint your wreath white? The one with the cardinals.
        Thanks MerryMunchkins. I had fun making the bell tower. I may repaint the building again too but maybe I'll wait until after Christmas.

I bought an inexpensive garland from the dollar store and put it on the frame for a background so there wouldn't be bare spots. I got the pinecones outside and I spray painted the whole thing white with a can of spray paint. It allowed some of the dark spaces to show for depth. The spray paint dries very quickly and I left the wreath outside for a few hours to get rid of the chemical smell. It was quick and easy to make. Since I already had the paint from another project it only cost me the $1 or so from the Dollar Store for the garland.

Marie
        https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Originally posted by lisa48317 View Post
          The extent of my Christmas prepping is buying nutcrackers when I see them in the thrift / antique stores and checking out the lights when Walmart & such starts putting them out (for the H'ween display).

I shall share my extremely dislike for small furry rodents (aka squirrels) with you. I went into the shed in mid-September to get out my H'ween blowmolds - i found 2 JOLs and 2 snowmen FILLED WITH PINECONES !!!!! At least the snowmen hadn't been nibbled on. <expletive, expletive, expletive>
          Oh Lisa...so sorry to hear about your decorations. Those little critters can be a real pain. I have used a few expletives too with a squirrel that used to get onto my deck and get into everything. They can be so destructive. The squirrel used to climb the tree and jump onto the deck. We put up screens on the deck and when the squirrel tried to jump to the deck he would bounce to the ground. He was so stubborn he kept running up the tree and jumping. After a few days of trying to get on the deck he finally gave up. He destroyed a lot of stuff in one of my neighbors out building where he stored stuff and he chewed threw the guys screen. Buddy said he had plastic screens so when we put screens up we made darn sure we used metal screens that he couldn't chew through.

Sorry about your decorations.

Marie
          https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Thx Marie. I might try that.

Comment

Originally posted by mariem View Post

Oh Lisa...so sorry to hear about your decorations. Those little critters can be a real pain. I have used a few expletives too with a squirrel that used to get onto my deck and get into everything. They can be so destructive. The squirrel used to climb the tree and jump onto the deck. We put up screens on the deck and when the squirrel tried to jump to the deck he would bounce to the ground. He was so stubborn he kept running up the tree and jumping. After a few days of trying to get on the deck he finally gave up. He destroyed a lot of stuff in one of my neighbors out building where he stored stuff and he chewed threw the guys screen. Buddy said he had plastic screens so when we put screens up we made darn sure we used metal screens that he couldn't chew through.

Sorry about your decorations.

Marie
              Thankfully the darn thing only nibbled on one blowmold around where the light goes, so there was no damage seen from the front. I had to use tongs to get the pinecones out of that one, so the enlarged hole made that a bit easier. The other 3 I could dump out into the yard waste with no problem. I haven't been back in the shed since we got rid of the tarp that held the nest and did the holiday switch, putting the Halloween ones in back and the freshly washed Christmas ones in front. Hopefully it went away! Oh and I'm pretty confident there was only one, since I saw another just like it (I assume the mate) get pounced on by a hawk earlier in the summer.
              Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1969 users online. 12 members and 1957 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
              X