2017 Christmas season prepping underway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Christmas season prepping underway

Yes you read the topic right, I have started prepping....(was gonna load pics but the images were too large) I picked up a 12 piece blow mold nativity set (general foam approx 31 in tall) for my neighbor for a whopping $100!!! I will buy them all day long for a $100, thats less than $10 each. The lady I got them from said she has tons of them and they all run in the $20 price range if she sells them separate. She started offering the set at $125 but a little negotiation and we agreed on $100. I also raided lowes and home depot again and picked up a few more boxes of led lights, I also picked up the lumber and paint to refinish the blow mold and build a new manger...I took the month of January off (except emergencies) so I will have plenty of free time to get this set looking better than new ( AND TO TOP OFF AN OTHERWISE PERFECT DAY>>>>(dramatic pause) WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GET SNOW TODAY!!!!! Please everybody post new finds through out the year and lets keep this site vibrant all year long........Don

And I haven't even started taking down my Christmas decorations yet.
    Mark
    Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by carstairs38 View Post
      Lucky.......January 2nd my wife met me in our yard with a ladder and 5 rubbermaid tubs. I think the prepping part is as much fun as the end result.............................edited update.....4inches od snow so far and still coming.........YAY!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Don Mcabee; 01-07-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carstairs38 View Post
        This. Plan on taking them down this weekend. But I have a feeling I won't get it all done.
        Nutcracker fetishist.
        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

We had 7 inches on Wednesday into Thursday. Still very cold and dreary. Looks like it will be a while before we can get any of the large stuff taken down. It will happen, just not now.

Comment

Heck, I was just getting ready to "HIBERNATE" for the next 6 months, and you guys are talking about what your doing for this coming Christmas! All I want to do is to crawl into my cave and go to sleep for a few months and then wake up and think about Christmas and the other holidays.

The only problem is. . . . I can't find my cave! LOL!

Comment

We are adding a 4.5 ft. tree to our gingerbread themed Christmas kitchen decor this year. I'm making some of the ornaments for the tree; however, I picked up these ornaments from Hobby Lobby last week...
              Last edited by MerryMunchkins; 08-22-2017, 06:53 AM.

Comment

I can't post the other picture, because it's too large. Sorry.

Comment

Here are some of our finds for 2017

Comment

A few more...

Comment

Ok Don. You've been MIA. Where are you? Where are your posts of the things you've purchased thus far? I know you've been traveling and buying everything in sight from Christmas stores around the country. Show us the goods.

Chop chop. Let's get some buzzing on this post.

Comment

I have been here, watching from a distance lol. I have been slammed at work, I have managed to visit a few shops, and was really focused on my halloween display when I had time. I am finally back at my pc getting light sequences done and prepping for the big month!!! Ill be around...in and out...Ill check for everyone updates frequently!!! Ill post pics of the zombie attack in my yard if I can...Don

Comment

I have been working on some stuff for my village. I have been on this hamster wheel when it comes to painting a building to match our "Village Office". I finally got a building to repaint the same light green to match our Village Office and a couple weeks after I finally got around to painting it I went to the post office (Aug) and as I was coming out I noticed they were painting the side of the village office to a darker blue. I will have to repaint it again. *sigh* This link shows all the changes to the building in my Pinterest album.

I also just posted some pics in the "Random" thread of my yard sale items that I picked up last weekend.

Marie
                          Making crafts re-using things around the house and yard. | See more ideas about Craft displays, Homemade christmas crafts and Offices.
                          Last edited by mariem; 10-08-2017, 03:42 PM.
                          https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

The extent of my Christmas prepping is buying nutcrackers when I see them in the thrift / antique stores and checking out the lights when Walmart & such starts putting them out (for the H'ween display).

I shall share my extremely dislike for small furry rodents (aka squirrels) with you. I went into the shed in mid-September to get out my H'ween blowmolds - i found 2 JOLs and 2 snowmen FILLED WITH PINECONES !!!!! At least the snowmen hadn't been nibbled on. <expletive, expletive, expletive>
                            Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1835 users online. 13 members and 1822 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                            X