2017 Christmas season prepping underway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Christmas season prepping underway

Yes you read the topic right, I have started prepping....(was gonna load pics but the images were too large) I picked up a 12 piece blow mold nativity set (general foam approx 31 in tall) for my neighbor for a whopping $100!!! I will buy them all day long for a $100, thats less than $10 each. The lady I got them from said she has tons of them and they all run in the $20 price range if she sells them separate. She started offering the set at $125 but a little negotiation and we agreed on $100. I also raided lowes and home depot again and picked up a few more boxes of led lights, I also picked up the lumber and paint to refinish the blow mold and build a new manger...I took the month of January off (except emergencies) so I will have plenty of free time to get this set looking better than new ( AND TO TOP OFF AN OTHERWISE PERFECT DAY>>>>(dramatic pause) WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GET SNOW TODAY!!!!! Please everybody post new finds through out the year and lets keep this site vibrant all year long........Don

And I haven't even started taking down my Christmas decorations yet.
    Mark
    Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by carstairs38 View Post
      Lucky.......January 2nd my wife met me in our yard with a ladder and 5 rubbermaid tubs. I think the prepping part is as much fun as the end result.............................edited update.....4inches od snow so far and still coming.........YAY!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Don Mcabee; 01-07-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carstairs38 View Post
        This. Plan on taking them down this weekend. But I have a feeling I won't get it all done.
        Nutcracker fetishist.
        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

We had 7 inches on Wednesday into Thursday. Still very cold and dreary. Looks like it will be a while before we can get any of the large stuff taken down. It will happen, just not now.

Comment

Heck, I was just getting ready to "HIBERNATE" for the next 6 months, and you guys are talking about what your doing for this coming Christmas! All I want to do is to crawl into my cave and go to sleep for a few months and then wake up and think about Christmas and the other holidays.

The only problem is. . . . I can't find my cave! LOL!
            "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1278 users online. 7 members and 1271 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
            X