Tape on the box...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape on the box...

I thought I was the only one who had ever done this. When I can, I will attache tape to the box with the wrapping paper to hold it in place.
    If you watch the video, you will see what I mean. Do you do this when wrapping? I always thought I was "cheating" but apparently it is something a lot of people do.

She worked WAY too hard wrapping that gift.

Comment

That was painful to watch. Boring and a lot more work than it needed to be.
      https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Well, I think everyone has their own way of wrapping gifts, whether it's Christmas or any other time of the year when your wrapping gifts for whatever! Is there a right way or a wrong way? I'm sure there is a correct way to wrap gifts, but you know over the years, I've come up with some shortcuts that work for me. I usually have a bunch of gifts to wrap and I try to find the easiest way and shortest way to wrap. I'm a big fan of those self stick bows with ribbon.

Yes for someone special we take extra care to wrap it nice with ribbons and bows ties around the package. But for the most part, we just wrap and stick a bow on it and call it good. The one thing that really gets my goat is, how people unwrap gifts. I mean really? Save the paper for next year! Not me . . . I tear into the dang thing and rip it apart, I mean I've waited a whole year to open these gifts (really I do, if you know what I mean) so I tear into them as fast as I can!

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
          She worked WAY too hard wrapping that gift.
          Yeah but it looked really good in the end! I wish I had the patience to do this for every gift but half the time I just use bags lol

Comment

Originally posted by mariem View Post
            That was painful to watch. Boring and a lot more work than it needed to be.
            I skimmed through it. I don't think the point was to be fancy. I was just curious if anyone else used tape on their boxes like in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Falasben View Post
              Well, I think everyone has their own way of wrapping gifts, whether it's Christmas or any other time of the year when your wrapping gifts for whatever! Is there a right way or a wrong way? I'm sure there is a correct way to wrap gifts, but you know over the years, I've come up with some shortcuts that work for me. I usually have a bunch of gifts to wrap and I try to find the easiest way and shortest way to wrap. I'm a big fan of those self stick bows with ribbon.

Yes for someone special we take extra care to wrap it nice with ribbons and bows ties around the package. But for the most part, we just wrap and stick a bow on it and call it good. The one thing that really gets my goat is, how people unwrap gifts. I mean really? Save the paper for next year! Not me . . . I tear into the dang thing and rip it apart, I mean I've waited a whole year to open these gifts (really I do, if you know what I mean) so I tear into them as fast as I can!
              I remember when I was little, my mom would always have the gifts so well wrapped. Like corner for corner. At the time, I thought it was Santa but ya know.. lol

As I got older, she went from boxes to bags and pretty much just uses bags now. I can see why people don't like to get this in to wrapping as it can be time consuming but I approach it like a craft and want to do a good job at it.

Comment

I love taking time to wrap a beautiful gift. But not the paper part. I can get the paper on in about 1-2 minutes without all that measuring and such. And I wrap some beautiful gifts. My time consuming part comes in when I start making bows and adding ribbons, etc. I love to customize them for the recipients.

Comment

I have never seen this done, like professional wrapping. It is a good trick for sure. I tend to just use bags because my fingers are useless when it comes to wrapping.

I usually have my sister help me out with a lot of it since I have to not only wrap it good, but mail a lot of it out of state.

Comment

I use bags myself. I could never do the wrapping paper thing and trust me I have tried!! My boyfriend on the other hand does it so well but he hates doing it. We stick to bags in this house!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2154 users online. 9 members and 2145 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                    X