Post Christmas sadness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Christmas sadness?

I haven't gotten this in some time so I am glad but I used to always get sad after Christmas was over. I know that sounds silly but I really did!

I am wondering if anyone else here has felt that way. I actually have things to look forward to over the next month or so and it has been that way for the last few years so I haven't felt anything.

yes I get sad (not emotional) but kinda bummed out. That may explain why I work on my christmas projects all year with only a short break to fab up the halloween stuff. Dont get me wrong I enjoy the heck out of my other holidays, but even when on vacation or business I find myself scouting for christmas items. We can turn this forum into an online therapy session to help cope with our loss lol

Comment

A couple years ago I came up with the idea of paying more attention to Easter to give me something else to look forward to after Christmas and New Year's is over. It does seem to help.
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

It is always a sad day when I look out at my front field and it is dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Mcabee View Post
          yes I get sad (not emotional) but kinda bummed out. That may explain why I work on my christmas projects all year with only a short break to fab up the halloween stuff. Dont get me wrong I enjoy the heck out of my other holidays, but even when on vacation or business I find myself scouting for christmas items. We can turn this forum into an online therapy session to help cope with our loss lol
          Yeah I think I know what you mean. I have a friend who actually had Christmas in the back of her head year round because it is like a 3 month event for her. She also lives out of the country so she comes back and it is a huge thing for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
            A couple years ago I came up with the idea of paying more attention to Easter to give me something else to look forward to after Christmas and New Year's is over. It does seem to help.
            That is a good idea. I actually haven't celebrated Easter since I was a child so maybe that was part of the reason I felt so meh after Christmas was over with.

Comment

Originally posted by andy anderson View Post
              It is always a sad day when I look out at my front field and it is dark.
              Some people around here leave their lights going for a few weeks in to January. I would actually love to do year round lights just because I think they bring people cheer but I don't want the huge electric bill lol

Comment

I am always bummed out after Christmas. It goes by so fast....my department can't take any vacation in December and we have to work overtime...so I don't get to enjoy the season. Thankfully there will only be 2 more Christmases like this until I retire.

To me, the saddest day of the year is when the Christmas tree comes down.
                "Christmas isn't just a day...it's a frame of mind!"

Comment

I always feel sad when the lights are down outside, but am the saddest when I take my tree down, I love my tree!!
                  my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

I get this myself. It isn't like a depression or SAD, nothing like that. Just like a disappointment that carries on for a few weeks after Christmas.

I leave up my decorations for a few weeks in to January which seems to help but still, I feel a slight sadness when it is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Britanica View Post

Some people around here leave their lights going for a few weeks in to January. I would actually love to do year round lights just because I think they bring people cheer but I don't want the huge electric bill lol
                      I would leave them up longer but need to get the display put away before the bad weather of January sets in.

Comment

Originally posted by andy anderson View Post

I would leave them up longer but need to get the display put away before the bad weather of January sets in.
                        Yeah this is true too. We haven't really had any bad weather yet. We oddly enough keep getting warmer days. Even if I did do year round lighting, I would have to change out the Christmas items.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanP6243 View Post
                          I get this myself. It isn't like a depression or SAD, nothing like that. Just like a disappointment that carries on for a few weeks after Christmas.

I leave up my decorations for a few weeks in to January which seems to help but still, I feel a slight sadness when it is over.
                          Yeah it isn't like a depression. You actually said it the right way. It is like a disappointment. It sucks. I guess this is the same feeling kids have when they have to return to school after Christmas break lol

Comment

I'm not sad because I enjoy the moment. Like I live in each moment and there for I can fully accept it and embrace it. When you aren't in the moment you tend to feel like you missed out then end up wanting it back.

Comment

I wish it would be more than a one day event. Like Christmas Week instead of day. The reason I say this is because I feel like there is not enough time to enjoy everything.

That and I have to choose which family I go to each year. My wife and I rotate which sucks but both our families live in different states.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1421 users online. 6 members and 1415 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                              X