After Christmas Clearance Plans!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • After Christmas Clearance Plans!!

    So I always make a point to hit up stores for some clearance goodies. I like to get some candies, gift bags and wrap, and some decor like lights and such.
    I will be going to some drug stores tomorrow then places like Big Lots and Target on Wednesday. Hoping to find some nice lighting for next year!!

  • #2
    After a 3 day battle royal I have conquered my local, Lowes, Homedepot, big lots, walmart, ace hardware, and 2 dollar generals......NASA will be able to see us next year.....lights...lights, and oh yeah...lights

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Don Mcabee View Post
      After a 3 day battle royal I have conquered my local, Lowes, Homedepot, big lots, walmart, ace hardware, and 2 dollar generals......NASA will be able to see us next year.....lights...lights, and oh yeah...lights
      LOL! I hope you plan on showing off those pictures! I am curious to see what the lights look like. I got a hefty load myself and I only went to Walgreens and Big Lots. I did manage to get some gift wrap from Walmart online but instore it was sliiiim pickings.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Britanica View Post

        LOL! I hope you plan on showing off those pictures! I am curious to see what the lights look like. I got a hefty load myself and I only went to Walgreens and Big Lots. I did manage to get some gift wrap from Walmart online but instore it was sliiiim pickings.
        if I have my way you should be able to see it from your house (wherever that is lol) I am gonna have a meter base set for next year dedicated to my lights and the adjoining neighbors lights. I hope to start building the hardware in march so that it comes down and goes up easy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Don Mcabee View Post

          if I have my way you should be able to see it from your house (wherever that is lol) I am gonna have a meter base set for next year dedicated to my lights and the adjoining neighbors lights. I hope to start building the hardware in march so that it comes down and goes up easy.
          I am sure it will be amazing! I never had the option to go all out with lights but I know a few houses near by who do and it is just breath taking, specially in the snow.

          Comment


          • #6
            I picked up a few things. Not as much as I normally do. It seems like places are wise to our games... lol I swear most places are holding off on the really good sales so we spend more or something.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RyanP6243 View Post
              I picked up a few things. Not as much as I normally do. It seems like places are wise to our games... lol I swear most places are holding off on the really good sales so we spend more or something.
              The problem I have found with our local walmart is the employees are buying up the really high end stuff at the 50% off plus the employee 10% off for department heads, and reselling it on letgo, offerup, and even sale pages on facebook for a slightly lower retail price. I cant really knock them, if I worked there I would scoop up christmas sale items too.......just not to sell, but to feed my own habit lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Don Mcabee View Post

                The problem I have found with our local walmart is the employees are buying up the really high end stuff at the 50% off plus the employee 10% off for department heads, and reselling it on letgo, offerup, and even sale pages on facebook for a slightly lower retail price. I cant really knock them, if I worked there I would scoop up christmas sale items too.......just not to sell, but to feed my own habit lol
                Oh wow, I had not even thought of that!!! I am with you though, I would probably do the same. I see people who do that on eBay with clearance drug store beauty items all the time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RyanP6243 View Post
                  I picked up a few things. Not as much as I normally do. It seems like places are wise to our games... lol I swear most places are holding off on the really good sales so we spend more or something.
                  And yeah like Don said, made a very good point... Store employees are milking them! I remember when I worked at a store in my teens and younger 20's... I would put stuff aside until it went on clearance and then buy it. We were allowed to get away with this so long as the district manager didn't know.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Don Mcabee View Post

                    The problem I have found with our local walmart is the employees are buying up the really high end stuff at the 50% off plus the employee 10% off for department heads, and reselling it on letgo, offerup, and even sale pages on facebook for a slightly lower retail price. I cant really knock them, if I worked there I would scoop up christmas sale items too.......just not to sell, but to feed my own habit lol
                    Ya know I have a friend... Well, had a friend... And he used to do this. He worked at a department store and he was able to get anything he wanted and hide it then get the after Christmas sale PLUS his 15% discount.

                    He never turned a profit but still, I never thought that was fair.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was too exhausted to check anything out but it seems like I didn't miss out on much! I was hearing the same thing from friends and family. Places that normally run the 70 to 90% off deals weren't doing them this year.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PinkCrush25 View Post
                        I was too exhausted to check anything out but it seems like I didn't miss out on much! I was hearing the same thing from friends and family. Places that normally run the 70 to 90% off deals weren't doing them this year.
                        just bought the remaining decor at my local lowes for 85% off, 1 1/2 pick up truck load of lights, trees, and 3 inflatables for $238.00...SCORE!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Don Mcabee View Post

                          just bought the remaining decor at my local lowes for 85% off, 1 1/2 pick up truck load of lights, trees, and 3 inflatables for $238.00...SCORE!!!!!!!
                          That is a great SCORE!!! I remember years ago, that we just had a Ernst Home Center open up a few months before Christmas. I had went in to see what they had for Christmas decor, and they were loaded up with stuff! Four long isles of nothing but Christmas! Anyway, I thought that I will wait till after Christmas to see what they might have left over.

                          So Christmas came and went, and I was in the store the day after. I couldn't believe it, none of the isles had been touched. I asked a clerk if there was anything wrong with the product and why so much was left. They said that no one showed up to buy from them this year. WOW! I said, well I'm going to buy something right now. Everything was 50% to 75% off retail, so I went to town! I, like you......saved a bunch! Funny thing was in just a year, they had closed down all stores here in Oregon.

                          So great job on still finding stuff on sale, and nice haul!
                          "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            With what the Walmart employees make I don't blame them.
                            https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mariem View Post
                              With what the Walmart employees make I don't blame them.
                              True, so very true. I have talked to a few very unhappy employees in reqards to their pay scale.

                              Comment

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 949 users online. 8 members and 941 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

                              Working...
                              X