Did you celebrate Boxing Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you celebrate Boxing Day?

My husband is British so that is something they all do in the UK. IN the US, I don't know of anyone who celebrates it.
    I think it is something we should though. I mean the origin is all about charity and giving back and I love that!
    It is celebrated on December 26th every year.

I did a quick google on this, and I love the traditions behind this day! The idea of giving back is such a good thing.

I honestly had no idea there was a day dedicated to this. I will have to start celebrating it now!

Comment

Originally posted by RyanP6243 View Post
      I did a quick google on this, and I love the traditions behind this day! The idea of giving back is such a good thing.

I honestly had no idea there was a day dedicated to this. I will have to start celebrating it now!
      Yeah it doesn't seem to be popular here and I don't know why. They even do it in Canada and Australia. We should start just celebrating it and more and more people will catch on!

Comment

I remember hearing about this at work from a friend (work friend) and didn't understand it but now it makes so much sense. I want to celebrate it as well! I think it is such a good thing that people want to give back.

Comment

This is something I knew of but never really knew what it was about. I think it is a fantastic thing to do. I actually do donate each year but it is before Christmas. Heck, I may just do both days. I normally do the 21st each year... I bring in canned goods and clothing to people who are less fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by SammySam22 View Post
            I remember hearing about this at work from a friend (work friend) and didn't understand it but now it makes so much sense. I want to celebrate it as well! I think it is such a good thing that people want to give back.
            Yeah I agree. Why not start it? I read a pose on Facebook about someone who started celebrating it through her work and now her whole neighborhood is doing it. Giving tends to spread and people like helping our, specially around Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0sty View Post
              This is something I knew of but never really knew what it was about. I think it is a fantastic thing to do. I actually do donate each year but it is before Christmas. Heck, I may just do both days. I normally do the 21st each year... I bring in canned goods and clothing to people who are less fortunate.
              That is nice that you do it every year regardless. I don't know anyone who actually sets a day where they give back like that other than the people who celebrate boxing day.

Comment

Originally posted by Britanica View Post

Yeah it doesn't seem to be popular here and I don't know why. They even do it in Canada and Australia. We should start just celebrating it and more and more people will catch on!
                I think that is a great idea. I actually noticed something, my calendar says it on the 26th.. I must not have ever noticed it before haha Wow I can be a real dip head. I am going to make sure I do something this year for it.

Comment

Boxing day is something we actual do do in my family! Part of the reason is because of my aunt's husband. He is from the UK so when he moved here, the family kind of started the tradition. It is more about food than anything though, it seems these days. We do a big buffet of different foods and sit around and eat then we take turns each year bringing down donations to the homeless shelter in the city.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2118 users online. 12 members and 2106 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                  X