Eggnog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggnog

One reason why Christmas is my favorite time of the year is because of Eggnog. It's my favorite holiday drink, and I always make sure to grab some when they start selling it. Do you guys like eggnog? Or have a special holiday drink that you love?

I've always wanted to try eggnog but never have. I tried to talk my family into trying it with me this year but no takers.

Comment

I tried it once years ago and didn't care for it. I was thinking about trying some again this year, especially since one of the books I read this year was Eggnog Murder, with three Christmas mystery novellas in it. Sadly, I kind of forgot about it until now, so I don't think it will happen this year.
      Mark
      Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Eggnog is a really weird word. It has Egg, and Nog. Gee, that should be a great thing to drink! (I prefer Beernog, at least one of those sounds like something good to drink!) But I digress. RootBeerNog anyone?

Eggnog is a very thick drink. I guess it is sort of like a thick milkshake that has been in the sun too long. With some nutmeg in there somewhere. Or that's my take on it anyway. Now Rum is a great addition to Eggnog. It goes well with the nutmeg I guess, and it kind of makes the "Nog" part go down a bit easier. (and it always adds some "FUN" to the party!)

But that's my 2 cents.

Edwin
        Always Thinking
        World's Best Manager

Comment

I like the virgin kind, not the traditional alcoholic kind many/most adults drink. Bleh! That ruins it for me! I usually have a few drinks of it every year.
          The problem for me is that I can't drink a lot of it or I get a very bad stomach ache. I don't drink alcohol but I drink eggnog as if it was, using a small glass and sipping it slowly with ice in it.

Comment

Put 1/4 carton of peppermint stick ice cream in a quart of egg nog and blend. Pour into tall glasses and add a scoop of the ice cream in each glass. Enjoy.
            "Christmas isn't just a day...it's a frame of mind!"

Comment

I agree with Britanica, No alcohol, just straight up. Our favorite is Royal Crest Dairy Eggnog. We look forward to having it every year. Yep, you have to chill it well and partake in small glasses, sips only. Smooth, tasty, and so much Christmas. We may have to give Charlie Brown's recipe a shot. That sounds good.

Comment

Love it!!! Either with or without da booze i could go nuts with it.

Just an FYI (I just joined Weight Watcher again) that Almond Breeze has a variety of nog that's actually pretty good. About 1/3 the calories and tastes pretty much the same, just not quite as thick.

Charlie Brown's shake sounds amazing!!!
                Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

Like a lot of you, I enjoy it either way as well. We served it both ways during out Christmas get-together with the family. One of my other favorite holiday drinks is also "Hot Buttered Rum" Yum!
                  "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

I am not a big fan of it myself but I will enjoy a glass every season at a friends. It is kind of our tradition. We have a night evening just me and him while his wife and kids are staying at grandma's.

help him wrap his gifts and we enjoy a few drinks by the fire.

Comment

I love this stuff but because of stomach issues, I can't really drink it.

My husband will get a small thing of it every year and I just sip a bit from his glass. If I drink more than a few spoons of it I will be sick for days.

Comment

I actually have a question about eggnog... Did they stop selling it already??

I have been craving it for the last week and have not been able to find any. Maybe it is just the stores in my area but I always remembered it being for sale till at least February.

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0sty View Post
                          I actually have a question about eggnog... Did they stop selling it already??

I have been craving it for the last week and have not been able to find any. Maybe it is just the stores in my area but I always remembered it being for sale till at least February.
                          I still see it at the local shops and gas stations. None in drug stores for anything like that though. Not sure on Giant Eagle but I don't remember seeing it the last time I was there ( Saturday).

Comment

Yeah I just seen some today at the gas station. I am guessing their either sold out or just didn't bother to order more because it wasn't selling enough. It can't hurt to ask if it will be back in stock or not.

On a side note, I seen some that was peppermint flavored. Anyone ever try that?

Comment

I'm actually breast feeding so I haven't been able to enjoy it this year! I also have the alcohol kind with my boyfriend after Christmas dinner. We just have a small toast with the family. I do like it quite a lot. I could have had some of the regular non-alcohol kind but ehh. It isn't the same for me.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1234 users online. 5 members and 1229 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                              X