Favourite Christmas Song?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Christmas Song?

Hi guys and gals, just thought it'd be quite nice to hear what your favourite Christmas songs are, would be nice to make a new playlist to play around the house! This is a tricky one for me, but if I had to say one I think I'd have to go for 'I'll Be Home For Christmas'... that just sparks that bit of Christmas magic into me like nothing else, you know? So yeah... what's yours?

We don't really listen to Christmas music at our house. We did watch the old version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas the other day. I've had the Whoville song stuck in my head ever since. Of course I dont know the actual words so it just comes out as "na new na new welcome christmas, christmas time" over and over again. My poor husband...

Comment

For traditional, I would have to go with "Hark the Harold Angels Sing" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." For original, or at least lesser recorded, I would have to go with "Come On, Ring Those Bells," (Favorite version recorded by Evie), "Strange Way to Save the World," (First recorded by 4Him) and "How Many Kings" by Downhere.
      Mark
      Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Ooh, yes, I do like 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas', it's actually at the top of my playlist, so it's always the one I hear first! Good choice!

Comment

Definitely the Grinch theme, that's my all time favourite.

Comment

Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy with Bing Crosby and David Bowie. It just gives me chills.

Comment

Not to be racist gals. But Drummer boy sang by men. Don't ask me why. I'm sorry. Drops the mic and runs (quickly) into the night.
              I swear, I went through this entire strand. Each light I pulled out and put back in. Oh, I didn't check the fuse! My thumb is so sore, will I learn for next time?

Comment

I personally don't have a favorite one. I like pretty much all of them. I think that they are all very good.

Comment

Hark the Herald Angels Sing and Carol of the Bells.

My son in law is a high school choir director. Every year at their Madrigal concert (held in early December), his choir sings Carol of the Bells. He does this specifically for me. It has become a tradition and his kids look forward to doing it.
                  "Christmas isn't just a day...it's a frame of mind!"

Comment

gonna have to weigh in with the classics...Bing, Perry, Burl, Gayla, Eartha, the list goes on....I am very fond of the new stuff, TSO, penetonix, etc....so I guess as long as its Christmas, Ill listen to it

Comment

It's the most wonderful time of the year by Pat Boone or Moonlight in Vermont by Jane Monheit

Comment

This is a terrific story and for those who have yet to hear it are in for quite a treat.

Bumble Rules

Comment

And now for a song.

Bumble Rules

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 948 users online. 8 members and 940 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                          X