Amazing Amish Cinnamon Bread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Amish Cinnamon Bread

That is the actual name of the new recipe I found. I LOVE cinnamon buns but I don't make them unless I do the dough in the breadmachine while I am out running errands but that isn't a guarantee that the dough wouldn't turn to cement. I haven't made them like that for years. Everyone in the family knows that I am a jinx when it comes to dough or pie crust, no joke. So nobody bakes when I am around. My friend and I had to make a pie for Home Ec in grade 8 and we had to bring a piece in for marks on presentation, taste, etc but we couldn't get it out of Mom's "never fail" pie pan. My grandfather couldn't get it out either with knives etc so the pan went into the garbage. Mom was so pissed.

Ever since I can remember, if I am anywhere nearby when people are baking either of them, they won't turn out properly or they burn. My grandmother (I called her Mom because she raised me from when I was first born) used to wait until I was in school or send me outside to play whenever she made bread or pies. They were not fit to eat or burned to a crisp when I was there.

Needless to say I don't get cinnamon buns very often. I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try and it was so quick and easy to make AND it is edible. Woohoo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1057.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	154197
    https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

You could post the recipe. It is just cruel to post only a pic lol

Comment

That is a hilarious story.

LaBruja, you made me laugh so hard.

So...yeah.....we are waiting.
      Last edited by Just Whisper; 11-30-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Weeeell.....oookaay...since you ask so nicely.

Amazing Amish Cinnamon Bread
        (Makes two loaves)

Batter:
        1 C butter, softened
        2 C sugar
        2 eggs
        2 C buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
        4 C flour
        2 tsp bakig soda

Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture
        2/3 C sugar
        2 tsp cinnamon

Cream together butter, 2 cups sugar and eggs. Add milk, flour, and baking soda. Put 1/2 batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (about a 1/4 of the mixture in each pan). Mix in separate bowl the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the batter in each pan. Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with the last of the cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick tester comes out clean. Cool in pans for 20 minutes before removing from pans.

The recipe says ``this can also be made using muffin tins which would make it a little easier to freeze and take out as needed``.

See...quick and easy peasy. Enjoy

Comment

These were pretty big loaves too. You can't tell from the picture because of the angle, the picture was taken almost overtop of the loaves, but they are pretty big. They barely fit in the sealed container to keep them fresh.

Comment

I believe I may even be able to make this. I am not very kitchen competent either.

Comment

I've made this it is so good a good comfort food especially in the morning with your coffee.

Comment

We went through our two loaves of Amish bread in just about three days.

They aren't cinnamon buns (I LOVE those), but like skater1, said they are a good substitute with coffee.
                Last edited by mariem; 12-14-2013, 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Used this recipe this weekend. Easy to make and it tasted great!!. Also, it's VERY easy to split in half to make one loaf.

Thanks M!
                  The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

Wow sounds amazing. I need to try this. Thank you for posting this.

Comment

Those really look great! Guess I'm going to be baking some this weekend. My wife get upset with me now since she thinks I bake better than she does. I always like to try new recipes and then adapt them some to my liking if needed. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

amish bread is one of my absolute favorite. Unfortunately I don't know how to make it but I have been buying it from a lady in WI on ebay for years. I'm craving it now just thinking about it lol, so good.
                        Halloweeeiner on Halloweenforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bears13 View Post
                          amish bread is one of my absolute favorite. Unfortunately I don't know how to make it but I have been buying it from a lady in WI on ebay for years. I'm craving it now just thinking about it lol, so good.
                          Here's a different version:

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/09...endship-bread/

Just looking at the pictures makes me want some, but I avoid sugar and all-purpose flour as much as I can.
                          Last edited by Merry; 01-20-2016, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I've made this,it taste good especially on those cold,snowy mornings.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 907 users online. 4 members and 903 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                            X