Recipe help/question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipe help/question

So I tried making peppermint bark this year using this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/185194/peppermint-bark/

Well, for some reason, when I put the topping on (crushed peppermint) it severely melted! This happened AFTER they were in the fridge too.
    I am not sure if it was the mints I used or what but I was so mad. It looks horrible but it tasted fine.

Does this mean the mints were bad? or maybe low quality to melt so easily from heat?

This layered peppermint bark is a delectable blend of semisweet chocolate, white chocolate, and peppermint.

What kind of mints did you use? It may have been a good idea to keep them in the freezer. I know most recipes that use mints on hot cookies recommends keeping them frozen until you use them so they don't melt soon as you put them on top the hot bakery.

Comment

I asked my wife and she said she never heard of this happening for peppermint bark recipes but she agrees with what Sammy said by keeping them in the freezer before use.

Comment

Originally posted by SammySam22 View Post
        What kind of mints did you use? It may have been a good idea to keep them in the freezer. I know most recipes that use mints on hot cookies recommends keeping them frozen until you use them so they don't melt soon as you put them on top the hot bakery.
        Would freezing them really make that big of a difference? I had never heard of that but I am willing to investigate. I wanted to make bark this year but couldn't decide on one recipe.

I will give this a go with unfrozen and frozen mints if I have time and report back!!

Comment

I have looked at several recipes including the one you posted and, they are all similar however, if your pan would fit in your sink could you give it an ice water bath just after applying the peppermint?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2116 users online. 12 members and 2104 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
          X