Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Christmas sightings

Well we know Hobby Lobby has their Christmas goodies out. Yippee

Websites are starting to show their Christmas stuff too.

I noticed the local Hallmark store is getting ready to unveil the ornaments. Any day now !!

Local craft stores are also starting. I love going in and seeing the goods.

There is a local shop that has their Dept 56 village pieces up year round, so I go in there periodically to get my "fix".
    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Haven't seen anything yet. It's a matter of time, though. I'm sure some things will start popping up here and there.

Comment

Santa Sighted at the Oregon Coast

Well if this qualifies as a sighting....my son was at the Oregon Coast this past weekend with his girlfriend. Said he saw Santa there enjoying the sun and fun! No sign of Mrs. Claus though, he said he had a couple of beauties on his arm as he went in the water. Maybe its because where I live we are right on the 45th parallel and that's half way between the North Pole and the equator. At first I thought he was pulling my leg, but he said there he was in his summer shorts and white beard and having fun
      in the sun!

So if that's a Christmas sighting, then so be it!
      Last edited by Falasben; 07-02-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

That's definitely a Christmas sighting!

Comment

One of are radio stations has Christmas music going through the month of July Awesome!
          Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

I am soo jealous ! (green with envy)

I can recall only 1 year when on July 25th one of the local radio stations played Christmas music. That's it.
            Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Oh! I didn't think about that! I remember a station last year played Christmas music. I'll have to scan the stations to find out if they are doing it this year. If not, I'll just plug in my iphone to the car's system.

Comment

I was in Joann Fabrics today. They have Christmas fabrics out but that's it. They have autumn items out and it looks like they are trying to make room for the Christmas stuff.

The hallmark store has their ornaments out. Woo Hoo !!

Comment

One of the Salvation Armies (we have 3 within a couple miles) near me always has 1/2 an aisle of Christmas items. I enjoy going to look whenever I want!
                  Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

Lisa...Which Salvation Army??...The one on Dodge Park & 15 Mile, Van Dyke & 23 Mile, or the Super Salvation Army on Hall Rd. & M-53?...My girlfriend
                    lives out in New Haven (27 Mile & Gratiot), and I go to all 3 of these Salvation Armys regularly...

Comment

Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
                      I was in Joann Fabrics today. They have Christmas fabrics out but that's it. They have autumn items out and it looks like they are trying to make room for the Christmas stuff.

The hallmark store has their ornaments out. Woo Hoo !!
                      You know speaking about fabrics, I used to get these small wooden gift boxes in the craft stores and then purchase fabric and I would line the inside with padding and then the fabric. I would then get about 5 or 6 of the miniture wooden nutcracker ornaments to hang on trees and then put them inside. Because the box had a window on top, you could see the nutcrackers. I actually sold them for $20.00 each and made some extra Christmas money during the holidays. We have a new Jo Ann's that just opened up a few months ago. They ended up combinding all the smaller stores, three of them I think into on big one here where I live.

Think I need to go check out their new supply!
                      Last edited by Falasben; 07-13-2013, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Went into our local Dollar Tree, one of about 4 in our city, and the only thing they had out for Christmas was a few wicker baskets that were red and green in color. I asked the girl at the register about them putting some Chirstmas out, and she looked at me funny, and she didn't know anything about it.

Comment

I bought these oversized shatter-resistant ornaments at Costco today for $17.99. I have been collecting them to hang outdoors from the pine trees at our mountain house, and call it my "Winter Wonderland."

Comment

Yeah, my wife came home and told me that Costco has Christmas out already, at least in our store.

Comment

Originally posted by BlowMoldGuy View Post
                              Lisa...Which Salvation Army??...The one on Dodge Park & 15 Mile, Van Dyke & 23 Mile, or the Super Salvation Army on Hall Rd. & M-53?...My girlfriend
                              lives out in New Haven (27 Mile & Gratiot), and I go to all 3 of these Salvation Armys regularly...
                              Sorry! I thought I'd answered you! The one at Hall Rd & 53. Altho the last time I was in there, it was pretty bare. It's been a few weeks since I've been there, so it may have stocked back up. The Auburn & John R store usually has stuff out, too.

Paint It - those are some awesome ornaments!
                              Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 969 users online. 1 members and 968 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X