Shopping for Men

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for Men

I have found that shopping for men is the worst. Especially my boyfriend because he always says that he doesn't want anything. So, when it comes to getting him something I'm always stuck. Does anyone else have this problem? I can't be the only one with this problem!

Hey everyone. Im new around here and need help. I nearly finished my christmas shopping, but there is someone on my mind. Its my dad. He the type of person who doesnt tell you what he wants. This is my first year with a job so i wanted to get him something special. Hes 52, and isnt into golf or fishing. So any suggestions?
    Much apperciated.

Comment

Use the initials H E L P

H- Hobbies

E- Entertainment

L- Literature

P- People

Hopefully those will give some idea about what he likes.

If you still have no idea, give us more info about him. What he isn't into, doesn't help us figure out what he IS into.
      People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

okay. He`s into action. We recently got a pool table, which he is obsessed with, and is into watching tv. He works a lot and when hes not working he is mostly sleeping. Use to love to play sports, but stopped recently. Hope that helps.

Comment

My mom is this way she will never tell anyone what she wants. She always says" buy yourself something" so every year I just get her something that I would like to have myself in hopes that she likes it. Maybe you could get him some dvd"s, if he sleeps alot you could get him some comfy pj's or maybe some nice cologne. With my husband I just make notes of things I hear him say he likes & get a few of them.

Comment

Tools? Sear's has a multi bit screw driver set that has all those annoying square, star and hex screw heads in it. Made a handy man out of me. LOL

Food is always good. What places does he like to eat at? Gift cards make good stocking stuffers.

Is the pool table in a den or someplace that could be set up as a game room? Dart board, things for the pool table, favorite beer or drink mugs, favorite beverage light up clock or sign.

Hope this helps.
            There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Restaurant gift card?

Here's some nice novelty pool ball sets, including light up ones and blacklight glowing ones:

http://www.billiards.com/bjzz/Billia...re.htm#c-npzz1

Combine his love of pool, with cards?:
              http://www.insidepool.com/order/Pool...Pool+Balls?SID

Or, combine your dad's love of sports with his pool:

http://www.poolndarts.com/400-Major-...illiard-Balls/

http://www.poolndarts.com/309-Nation...illiard-Balls/
              Last edited by Sickie Ickie; 11-24-2008, 10:35 AM.
              People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

You could get him a set of snooker balls for the pool table. Give him another game to play on there.
                Always dreaming of a white Christmas.............

Comment

Save
                  deleted due to lewd comment
                  Last edited by Just Whisper; 12-22-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I know, I'm a horrible seasonal poster here.
                    Always dreaming of a white Christmas.............

Comment

Replace and upgrade one of his appliances like a shaver, toaster oven, coffee maker, hand/power tool, etc.

Even though I don't like the un-personalized feel of a gift card, it's a good way to ensure he can get items he likes. $100 at Walmart, Home Depot, or a local shop should work well.

How about some new/updated kid/grandkid pictures with nice frames? Maybe even a large frame with lots of smaller picture spots for a family collage.

If he's into electronic gadgets you could get a good quality remote control, Blu-Ray player, or flat panel TV.

What's his job? Maybe something personalized for his desk or office, or something useful for his field work. Briefcase, totebag, or a tri-fold-out travel shaving kit.

Does he like the outdoors and camping? Lots of possibilities there, as I'm always looking for camping gadgets. Dutch ovens are always a winner.

Does he BBQ? Some BBQ utensils, containers, aprons, or accesories. Bigger beer coolers also count as BBQ accesories.

If all else fails, have him make a wish list. Good luck!
                      "Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!"

Comment

Maybe we should just have a section for spammers? (sigh)

Comment

My dad liked Spam He was hard to get gifts for also but somthing he always liked getting were those gift baskets with the different cheese and beef sticks. or an assortment of nuts.

Comment

what about a belt? :X ... hope that wont sound ridiculous.

Comment

That depends Clover, are you punching him or buying an article of clothing? JK LOL
                              There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1250 users online. 4 members and 1246 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X