This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy recalls..

With all the parents shopping for Christmas toys out there I thought it might be a good idea to have a list of recalls. Better safe that sorry.

First on the list Aqua Dots

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...638077-cp.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/as...tml#cnnSTCText

I had just bought these toys for my daughter at Halloween. I was so scared when I found out!! I have taken them all away from her. What a sick world we are living in that we can't trust the toys that our kids are playing with.

omg, thank you so much. My kids see this commercial, and beg me for it everytime. Was even halfway considering getting it this year. I hadn't heard anything about this, my grocery store is even still selling them. That is so scary. Thanks again, good idea for this thread.....helped me already.
    "Not too hot. Extra chocolate. Shaken, not stirred. "

Comment

Thanks from me, too. I have a 3 year old that I WON'T be getting this for, now!
      People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Great Idea, also maybe this should be kept at the top so it could be added to!
        "He had yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!"

http://playfx.webs.com/

Comment

What do you say, Larry? Wanna make this a sticky?
          People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

yes thanks for that! You never know with the toys these days! It is scary!

Comment

Good suggestion.

Comment

Hey guys, I found this article this morning. Looks like the group doesn't really test the toys, but looks more for things that are likely to harm, or "shoot your eye out."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071113/ma_ha...toys.html?.v=1
                "Not too hot. Extra chocolate. Shaken, not stirred. "

Comment

"-- Rubber Band Shooter, Simple Toys LLC. Shoots rubber bands and presents eye hazard"

You'll shoot your eye out, kid. - A Christmas Story

Comment

Thanks for the links...
                    Life is short, abuse it!

Comment

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/category/toy.html

Here's a list of toy recalls for the past few years. Most recent are listed first. It's a loooooong list.
                      Last edited by BlackRose; 11-24-2008, 01:09 PM.
                      Always dreaming of a white Christmas.............

Comment

Talk about depressing.

Comment

Here's a site with some new recalls for 2009 folks

http://www.mommyandme.com/map/recall/

Comment

Silly question here. If you keep these toys, rather than return them, are they more collectible possibly?

We get movie posters with wrong dates and such all the time. (A prime example was the first Spiderman movie where Spiderman had the "Twin Towers" reflecting in his eye) They recalled the posters because of the terrorist attacks of 9-11. Thus the poster (and banner) became more collectible, and extremely valuable.

There may be no correlation between this example and recalled toys, but it is something that I have often thought about.

Great resource Sickie! Thanks!
                            World's Best Manager

Comment

Originally posted by theedwin View Post
                              Silly question here. If you keep these toys, rather than return them, are they more collectible possibly?

We get movie posters with wrong dates and such all the time. (A prime example was the first Spiderman movie where Spiderman had the "Twin Towers" reflecting in his eye) They recalled the posters because of the terrorist attacks of 9-11. Thus the poster (and banner) became more collectible, and extremely valuable.

There may be no correlation between this example and recalled toys, but it is something that I have often thought about.

Great resource Sickie! Thanks!
                              Edwin did you get to keep any of them?
                              Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1053 users online. 4 members and 1049 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X