Christmas Music After Christmas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Music After Christmas?

Hope you all had or still are having a wonderful Christmas! Which brings me to my question....do you continue to listen Christmas music after December 25? Personally, I have such a large collection of Christmas/seasonal music that I keep playing it until well after New Year's Day. I'm a bit bothered by how many radio stations just completely cut off the holiday music even before Christmas Day is over. Not to mention the Christmas television programming. It seems there is such a rush to put it behind us. What do you all think about this?

By the way, if anyone is interested in some obscure holiday music, here is a file you can listen to on Mixcloud. It's a radio program done here in my town nearly every year where 2 guys get together and play 2 and sometimes 3 hours worth of hard-to-find holiday music they have come across over the years.

https://www.mixcloud.com/exitworld/t...h-johnny-andy/

I listen to at least some Christmas music all year round. Mostly CDs, in my car. Yeah it bugs me that stations that play Christmas music cut it off so abruptly, but ... whatever.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I tend to go back to regular music within a couple of days after Christmas. No hard and fast rule. But I'll pull it out during the year if I feel like it.
      Mark
      Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

To me after December 25th, I stop listening to Christmas music unless I hear in a movie or a television program.

Comment

I was thinking about this thread during my work trip to Florida this week. The station I found to listen to was still about half Christmas music. I was actually disappointed it wasn't back to regular music or maybe a quarter Christmas music. I guess I'm one of those who, while I love Christmas, is ready for Christmas to be over come December 25th.
          Mark
          Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

The last several years I've been keeping the Christmas music going throughout most of winter. I found it helps getting through the dreariness of the season. Plus, there are many songs that are just seasonal and not really about Christmas. And now I'm trying to create some Christmas/seasonal song compilations. So I'll be listening for a while.

Comment

Yes I'm one of those who listens to Christmas music all year long. Now no, I don't listen to it 24/7 but from time to time I play a song or two! There is something about that kind of music that can lift one's spirit during the low times of winter and pretty much anytime I'm feeling down. I guess you can say it can stir one's soul when your feeling empty or down inside. My wife and daughter think I'm nuts when they hear me playing Christmas music in the middle of the summer. But hey, for me.....it works!

Comment

I go into little marathons of listening to Christmas music during summers. That's mostly cause enjoy the cold more than the hot.

Comment

I have for awhile, but now I'm into listening to "Native American Music", such as the flute and drums. Especially at night when I'm going to sleep, it really helps me relax.

Comment

Every July, Music Choice will play one week of Christmas music.

Comment

Now Music Choice is playing Christmas in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
                        Now Music Choice is playing Christmas in July.
                        Yeah I thought they were going to play the Christmas songs for a week or two. But it last the whole month of July.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1250 users online. 5 members and 1245 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                        X