I've Just Written my first Christmas Song...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Just Written my first Christmas Song...

Hi all,

A friend of mine and I have just released our very first Christmas single (we're called Shelby's Elbows). It's called It Could All Be For Life (Not Just For Christmas) and is all about how the true nature and meanings of Christmas are smudged and forgotten by the modern commercial society - it's not a depressing song mind, don't worry! It's all about how despite all this, the true 'feeling' of Christmas can come through...

We would love to hear your thoughts and views on it - like I've said we've never done this before! We were asked to write a Christmas track for a local song writing showcase, so we thought, yeah, why not...!

You can see our incredible high-budget(!) video here:

beware, the production quality and top notch editing skill might just blow your mind...

What are your thoughts? Do you agree with the subject message of the track, or do you think I'm barking up the wrong tree completely?! We're very interested in hearing peoples' opinions.

Thanks Guys!
    Last edited by empeda; 12-05-2012, 07:49 AM.

I think you sound AWESOME very nice work!!!
    Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

I really enjoyed this song. The video was pretty good too. I am curious how the group came up with their name? And what is your part in this group (which one are you)? I think your message is spot on. Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

I agree with Chris. Awesome. Definite Beetles influence.
        People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

You mean "Beatles", Sickie?

Great song! I love the video.

Comment

Thanks guys - really appreciate the responses. It's a little different to the stuff we usually do so it's nice to get feedback, thank you for your kind words.

I'm the hairy one by the way...

As for the name - we have an American friend of ours living here in Dorset, UK, who is very tall and lanky and has very pointy elbows. He uses them to emphasis things he's saying sometimes, so we used to say 'look, Shelby's getting his elbows out!' and it just came from that really. A friend suggested the name, we thought it was rubbish and ignored her, and for the next three month it just wouldn't go away!

Comment

The name is really cool I like it!
              Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

Yeah - we like the name now - at the time is was like, 'What?!'. It's very good in the days of Google and internet since it's a fairly unusual phrase...!

Comment

Ah - think I've managed to figure out how to embed the video - here it goes...

EDIT: (I've moved it to the top post).

While we're on the subject - does anyone else have any 'lesser-known' holiday songs? I get a little annoyed having to hear all the same old songs every year - so it would be nice to see if there's other great songs out that that people know about...
                  Last edited by empeda; 12-05-2012, 07:50 AM.

Comment

I enjoyed the song and the video, it was very Christmasy and refreshing! Will definitively share it with friends!

Comment

Thank you ernies, very kind words - very much appreciated. :-)

Comment

Do you have an MP3 link?

Hi, it's nice to hear a christmas song written with thought and meaningful sentiment instead of the usual chirpy mindless shallow nonsense
                        If you plan on distributing the song I'd be happy to add a link to my site (seems I'm too new to post links) to spread the message

Comment

Hi - thank you very much that is very kind - it's available to stream for free on YouTube (obviously!) and also on Spotify:

http://open.spotify.com/track/3q7JtjKB3nQtWHtfjkdxhS

The MP3 is on iTunes and Amazon and all those other download type places - the iTunes link is below but there are others listed under the video on YouTube as well as on our website too (http://www.shelbyselbows.com).

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/it...ot/id579935264

Glad you liked it - thank you for you kind words.

Comment

Great song guys

Comment

I've linked to your song on Youtube and Amazon on my site http://christmasmp3.co.uk/
                              Happy Holidays!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2216 users online. 7 members and 2209 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X