website that lists radio stations that have gone all Christmas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well a lot of stations went to all Christmas music this weekend. None in this area though. Not that I need the radio to listen. I am always listening to Christmas music on my other devices. But still .. there's something nice about turning on the radio and hearing Christmas music. I just wish they'd stop playing the same songs over and over and over ...

http://www.stationintel.com/specials.aspx

Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
      Well a lot of stations went to all Christmas music this weekend. None in this area though. Not that I need the radio to listen. I am always listening to Christmas music on my other devices. But still .. there's something nice about turning on the radio and hearing Christmas music. I just wish they'd stop playing the same songs over and over and over ...

http://www.stationintel.com/specials.aspx

That's the problem with radio stations playing Christmas music. They usually loop music about every 6 to 12 hours depending on the station. Sometimes when you get automated stations they usually play music every 12 hours and then a new set comes on after that. They usually record about up to 3 days worth and then just let it go!

Unfortunately most people who listen regularly find out right away that they are repeating the same music over and over and over again, and again....and get tired of it quickly. If they are like me after a few days, I'm looking for a different station to listen too!

Comment

Wow .. the music really took off this weekend. (no surprise there ) Over 200 stations went all Christmas this weekend. Over 100 today alone!!

At least now there is more than one station playing Christmas music in this area. So if I have the radio on in the car, I can switch to another station when a commercial comes on .. or a song that I don't want to listen to (again).
        Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Right now The Music Choice Channels is playing Christmas music for Christmas in July. Last year they only played it for one week. It looks like they are going to be playing during the whole month of July.

Comment

Well I listen to two dot com stations, razlfratz listed one called "tunein.com" which I'm listening to at this moment, and the other is "accuradio.com". Both play Christmas music all year long. Some are radio stations online from around the world. It's kind of cool, since I don't have to wait for a local station to play music later in the year during the season. Right now I'm listening to tunein.com and a section called "Winter Scapes", which is beautiful instrumental selections with Christmas music inserted just about ever other song. I listen to it mostly at night when I go to bed. It's a great station to listen to!

My wife thinks I'm nuts, she says only I would listen to Christmas music when it's not Christmas time!
            Last edited by Falasben; 09-20-2015, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Only you? Ha! I start mixing Christmas music in with my regular music in October. And I usually listen to some to celebrate Christmas in July.
              Mark
              Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

My iPod Christmas Playlist has 1,072 Christmas songs that I can put on whenever in the mood. I put on that playlist whenever, it is cloudy or raining and ALWAYS on the 25th. Family and coworkers are used to it now.
                The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

Cloudy and rainy. That always puts me in the Christmas mood, too. It's the California resident, right? Never thought about playing Christmas music every 25th. I might have to try that.
                  Mark
                  Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Here's a place that digs deep into annual Christmas programming!
                    .-. .- -.. .. --- .--- --- -. -..

Comment

Nice to see that stations have started with the Christmas music. It lists 3 stations. I think in Alabama and NJ. They used to say what state but they don't anymore. So I'm guessing. They also listed Boston but that's not on the radio. It means you can now stream Christmas music from their website.

I have started listening to Christmas music on my mp3 player and also my tablet. No commercials. LOL.

I barely listen to the Christmas music on the radio (too many commercials and too many repeats) but it's just nice knowing that the music playing.

I take that back. I do like listening to the radio on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. When they are playing non-stop Christmas music without commercials.

Tis the season .. fa la la ...

Comment

We bought a beautiful sleigh at Hobby Lobby this evening.
                        The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

One Hundred Thousand Watts went away a couple of years ago.

StationIntel has us covered though! As of this post time, three stations are listed as all Christmas!

From the website:

Total stations: 3

Location Station Website Date Added

Atlantic City-Cape May WEZW-FM www.easy931.com 10/16/2015
                          Birmingham WENN-AM 09/29/2015
                          Boston WMJX-HD2 www.magic1067.com 08/23/2015
                          .-. .- -.. .. --- .--- --- -. -..

Comment

3 more stations added to the list today.

~
                            Little Rock KHKN-FM www.949tomfm.com 11/01/2015
                            Sarasota-Bradenton WLTQ-FM www.coast921.com 11/01/2015
                            Visalia-Tulare-Hanford KJUG-AM my975fm.com 11/01/2015

Comment

I just looked at the website. 60 stations are now all Christmas.

Unfortunately even though they list some in New England .. those stations are streaming on-line. Not over the air.

Comment

Nothing in my heck of the woods yet. But I did just buy a new Christmas cd so I will listen to that for now.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1406 users online. 3 members and 1403 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X