I am looking for internationally well known Christmas carols.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for internationally well known Christmas carols.

Hello Fans of Christmas.

I am looking for Christmas carols, that are well known internationally.
    Last year I have created music box mobile application, that plays carols and I want to expand the selection before Christmas.
    My music box already plays:
    • We wish you a merry Christmas
    • Jingle Bells
    • Silent Night
    • Deck the Halls
    • Joy to the World
    • O Christmas Tree
    • O Holy Night
    • Hark The Herald Angels Sing
    • Angels We Have Heard on High
    • O Come All Ye Faithful
    • The First Noel
    • The 12 Days of Christmas
    so, if you know any other nice and popular carols, please let me know. I will appreciate your help.

Hello Derek, you have a nice selection so far. I could list many carols but I wonder if it wouldn't be easier for you to Google "most popular Christmas Carols". But here are a few of my favorite...
    • Little Drummer Boy. My personal favorite is the version called Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth by David Bowie and Bing Crosby. It is so beautiful.
    • Carol of the Bells. There are so many beautiful renditions I never know where to start. If you want it with vocals Libera boys choir does a spine tingling, beautiful job. You can listen to it here. Carol of the Bells - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGKfDoANRA
    • Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
    • Rockin Around the Christmas Tree (not sure if this is international)
    • Baby It's Cold Outside (international??)
    • Any of the songs from the soundtrack from Polar Express Movie (probably not international)
    • Christmas Canon. My two favorite renditions are by Libera and Trans Siberian Orchestra

Comment

Hello Just Whisper,

Thank you for the tips. I searched via Google, but the problems is that popular Christmas Carols are not always popular in non English speaking countries and I wanted, at least for now, Carols that are sang in many languages. The 12 Carols I did so far are just that, very popular Christmas songs that exist in many other languages as far as I was able to check. But I am out of ideas and Carols now.
      I also do not intend to violate the copyrights, so using popular songs like "I am dreaming of a white Christmas" etc. Christmas hits does not come into play.

Is "Dance of the sugar Plum Fairies" from The Nutcracker ballet by Tchaikovsky considered a Christmas Carol?

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
      Hello Derek, you have a nice selection so far. I could list many carols but I wonder if it wouldn't be easier for you to Google "most popular Christmas Carols". But here are a few of my favorite...
      • Little Drummer Boy. My personal favorite is the version called Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth by David Bowie and Bing Crosby. It is so beautiful.
      • Carol of the Bells. There are so many beautiful renditions I never know where to start. If you want it with vocals Libera boys choir does a spine tingling, beautiful job. You can listen to it here. Carol of the Bells - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGKfDoANRA
      • Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
      • Rockin Around the Christmas Tree (not sure if this is international)
      • Baby It's Cold Outside (international??)
      • Any of the songs from the soundtrack from Polar Express Movie (probably not international)
      • Christmas Canon. My two favorite renditions are by Libera and Trans Siberian Orchestra
      Last edited by darekdoesstuff; 12-01-2016, 02:01 PM.

Comment

So you need a carol that has a version available in each of several languages, is that correct? Are you downloading and using these in many different languages and if so which ones? Also, is this music box app something you are selling? Is that why the copyright is important? I suppose the ones I listed would technically not be carols. I took that to be a generic term for Christmas songs. My mistake. So, I guess I was not much help. haha. Perhaps with the additional details we can help more.

Comment

Just Whisper I am not displaying the lyrics in the app, if you had that in mind, no. I just want the Carols that people know, no matter if in the USA, Spain, Brazil or Poland, they would recognize them as familiar melodies that they can sing along.
          As far as I know, no matter if you sell something or give it for free, if the work is copyrighted, and you do not have the rights or the license to use it , you violate the copyright.
          My app has a free demo version (6 Carols) as well as payed version with 12 Carols so far, that I really would like to expand to as many Carols as possible.

Yes, I got confused and for a moment I though that maybe Tchaikovsky's works are now considered Christmas Carols. Anyway, you gave me an idea that remaking and including whole The Nutcracker suite would make a very nice additional music in my app

Comment

Yes, you are correct. Even if you are giving away the music app, and even if the music on the app is a remake done by you, you still must have the license. I am sorry I was not much help. However, even if you cannot use the music I showed you they are great songs. Go enjoy them. haha

Comment

Just Whisper Anyway thank you for trying I appreciate it.
              Maybe someone else will be able to help me. After all people here are experts on Christmas

Do you, by any chance, own an Android phone or tablet?

Comment

Try the Wexford Carol and, the Coventry Carol, I saw three Ships
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG6vOASt2RU
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wit-jGD4wCw
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wit-jGD4wCw

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1398 users online. 7 members and 1391 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                X