The Santa Clause

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Santa Clause

    I know this movie's been around for almost 20 years, but I just watched it for the first time. Great movie! I had bought the DVD and will make it part of my yearly Christmas viewing!
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

  • #2
    I had to get it lol... I watch it all the time!
    Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

    Comment


    • #3
      I saw it in the theater when it first came out. It was pretty funny.

      What kind of ticked me off was that the elves didn't seem to show any sorrow or grief that Santa was dead. They were just like: "Well, he's dead. Now you're it."

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow...how time fly's as they say. Yes it will be 20 years next year to be exact. Didn't even think about it until PC said something. I like the first two, but was somewhat disappointed about the third one. Storyline just didn't work for me and it seemed a little rushed from when the 2nd one came out to the release of the third one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EnlightenedGrinch View Post
          I saw it in the theater when it first came out. It was pretty funny.

          What kind of ticked me off was that the elves didn't seem to show any sorrow or grief that Santa was dead. They were just like: "Well, he's dead. Now you're it."
          Maybe they've been through that so many times they're used to it. After all they were, like, thousands of years old!
          Nutcracker fetishist.
          Visit my nutcracker blog

          Comment


          • #6
            20 years!? excuse me while i go drown myself in liquor for the next decade.
            You'll shoot your eye out kid!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
              Maybe they've been through that so many times they're used to it. After all they were, like, thousands of years old!
              Maybe you're right. LOL

              All the better for Mrs. Claus.........

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mariposa0283 View Post
                20 years!? excuse me while i go drown myself in liquor for the next decade.
                Imagine how Tim Allen feels...

                Comment


                • #9
                  yea but he should be used to it by now. im only just getting to that point in my life where im remembering 20 years ago lol. before now i was too young or not alive lol.
                  You'll shoot your eye out kid!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Now I'm feeling old, #1 the best after that they went downhill.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I hate to be the contrarian, but I think The Santa Clause is really kind of overrated. Not sure why, but I just had a hard time getting into it.

                      For Tim Allen Christmas movies, I actually preferred Christmas with the Kranks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SPX View Post
                        I hate to be the contrarian, but I think The Santa Clause is really kind of overrated. Not sure why, but I just had a hard time getting into it.

                        For Tim Allen Christmas movies, I actually preferred Christmas with the Kranks.
                        I too like Christmas with the Kranks. Although I did like the Santa Clause, the second one was good, but the third movie.....well they could have really done without that one in my opinion! I don't think we will see another Santa movie from Tim Allen, except for maybe the usually passing for the torch to his son so Christmas can be saved and continue to go on! You know....that sort of thing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We like it and watch it every year just like our all-time favorite and the must see on Christmas eve in our Pjs National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
                          It's funny how Tim Allen went from being Tim Tool Man Taylor to a Christmas tradition with The Santa Claus movies and Christmas with the Kranks "Free Frosty...Free Frosty" heehee
                          The 25 days of Christmas on ABC Family shows The Santa Clause and the third one "The Escape Clause" at least a dozen times during the holiday season.
                          They don't show the 2nd one "The Mrs. Clause" which I prefer over the 3rd one.
                          "I dedicate this house to the Griswold Family Christmas."
                          Jeanette

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I own most of the Christmas dvd's I have the santa claus,and2-3 but I do like the first and I have Christmas with the kranks which I also enjoy my main one is my white Christmas"i love it as I also have home alone 1&2.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We watched White Christmas this weekend when they gave it on t.v.
                              My son who is 18 has never seen it so I wanted to expose him to the classic movie and watch it with him.
                              He enjoyed it.
                              "I dedicate this house to the Griswold Family Christmas."
                              Jeanette

                              Comment

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 1789 users online. 8 members and 1781 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

                              Working...
                              X