Home Alone: The Holiday Heist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of along the line with SPX here. If they can't do sequels as good or better then when the first one came out, then don't waist the the time and ours puttin one out. Oh I'm sure they go on the premise that well, if they saw the first one, then they're going to see the second one for sure! Knowing full well that it may not stand up to the original. But it's Hollywood we're talking about here, you know.....

Comment

oh im all for them to cut it out with the crappy sequels lol. but it wont do the franchise any favors to do a reboot with a subpar actor to play kevin. i just absolutely in no way shape or form can picture any other kid doing kevin. thats why i stopped watching them after the 2nd one and they brought in a new, lesser actor to replace the aging macualay.

on a plus side though. he attended some convention on the robot chicken panel a month or so ago and hes looking so much healthier this year than he was last summer. so whatever drug he was on last year he seems to have dropped and is now taking better care of himself. gave me warm fuzzies seeing him in such good shape. hopefully he keeps it up!

but back to the topic at hand... the franchise died after the 2nd one. the sequels they keep pumping out now for the made for tv people, arent true home alone movies. just some cheap wannabe knockoff of the home alones. lol
      You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Comment

You're probably right that there is no real reason to reboot the series at this point. I mean, it is really not that old and the movie doesn't feel particularly dated. Give it another 20 years, perhaps, and it could be justified. The simple fact--for better or worse--is that kids have a hard time connecting with stuff that didn't come out of their era.

Would you believe I was having a conversation with a girl who was 19 the other day and I suggested she watch the 1999 Tim Burton Sleepy Hollow film and she said it was "too old"? Blew my mind.

But if they ARE going to keep making films, I would have to say that a reboot of the franchise would be more INTERESTING to me than any of these terrible sequels. But really, I think the problem with sequels is largely the premise. I mean, the series is called "Home Alone." How many times can you tell that story without repeating yourself? It maybe should've just been a single movie instead of turning it into a franchise from the beginning.

And yeah, I agree. I saw the recent pics of Culkin recently and he looks a lot better.

Comment

a reboot in another 20 years could be feasible. the originals are still new enough.. my niece and nephew watched them with me during july (those poor kids hadnt seen half the christmas movies on my shelf!) and they loved them. granted neither one was too keen on them when i said thats what we were watching next but once they watched it, they kept bugging me to let them watch it again and again and again....
          You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Comment

Watched The Heist this afternoon, this movie should be home alone.

Comment

I love Home Alone franchise I watched them so many times

Comment

Maybe I'm optimistic, but I'm going to see it in the theaters if I can! Home Alone is my favorite movie of all time! Probably the best soundtrack ever.

Comment

Originally posted by elizabeth_chan View Post
                  Maybe I'm optimistic, but I'm going to see it in the theaters if I can! Home Alone is my favorite movie of all time! Probably the best soundtrack ever.
                  I agree that the original Home Alone is fantastic! The 2nd one is not so bad either, I did watch the 3rd movie too. But after that I think it's run the gamete! But again....that's just me.

Comment

I have the dvd set containing all four movies. The first one I mainly watch the most. But the fourth movie was awful.

Comment

I feel like the more that you keep on going with movies, the worst that they get. The problem is that the people who are making them only see it as a money maker. They don't care that much about how good it is.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2159 users online. 10 members and 2149 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                      X