website that lists Christmas movies and shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw that the Hallmark Movie Channel is going to start showing their Christmas movies on October 31st. Maybe they could have waited until Halloween was over before they started.

Comment

I just checked.

This website is a year round site that lists when Christmas movies are playing .. or when Christmas episodes of tv shows are playing.
      I think it's a great site so a big thank you to the person who does the legwork and provides the information.

Today they updated their list to reflect the shows/movies that are coming up for the Christmas season.

LOVE IT !!!

http://www.mostlychristmas.com/tvsched.php

Happy viewing.
      Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

I forgot to mention that you have to keep checking the schedule. Stations often move things around. I've been burned by that before. I wanted to watch a particular movie and I didn't check the site. (or the channel's schedule) I ended up missing the movie.

Hopefully that won't happen to you but just thought I'd pass on the info.
        Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Wow .. they've got a lot of different stations posted on the lists. As always there's a lot of great movies and shows to pick from.

I think I will switch over to all Christmas programming next weekend. (once I get the house decorated) I have started a nice library of Christmas movies and Christmas episodes of my favorite shows. (did I mention I have a dvd recorder) It will take time to enjoy all of the library. What a way to go! LOL.

http://www.mostlychristmas.com/tvsched.php

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.c...llmark-up.html

ABC is going to show the Christmas Light Fight (a contest) again. I will enjoy watching that. People do such a great job decorating. They are so creative.

Comment

Sorry .. one more good source of information : http://www.countdownuntilchristmas.com/

Comment

The grinch who stole christmas is quite cool

Comment

For anyone who is interested .. I just found out about this :

Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries are proud to host 24/7 holiday-themed lineups, showcasing the top-rated Christmas favorites, timeless classics, and a rare sneak peek at an upcoming Hallmark Channel Original holiday movie. Hallmark Channel presents the blockbuster 2015 edition of "Christmas Keepsake," a holiday extravaganza beginning Friday, July 3, 2015 at 2p.m. ET/PT until Sunday, July 12 at midnight. The 24/7 programming slate will feature the network's most beloved original holiday movies alongside fan favorites, including last year's top cable movie of the year, Christmas Under Wraps, Debbie Macomber's Mrs. Miracle, A Royal Christmas, The Nine Lives of Christmas, and many more. The "Christmas Keepsake" event will also feature a summer preview of the ALL-NEW Original World Premiere holiday 2015 movie, Family Christmas (wt), starring Lacey Chabert! Hallmark Movies & Mysteries also gears up for its own special and most impressive lineup of holiday favorites yet, with "Gold Crown Christmas." The exclusive, 24/7 Christmas programming event will showcase timeless classics from the award-winning Hallmark Hall of Fame library and a collection of cherished holiday family films. "Gold Crown Christmas" begins Friday, July 3 at 6a.m. ET/PT and lasts through Sunday, July 12 at midnight. It's Christmas in July on the networks of Hallmark

Comment

Found some more info. This is from the countdown until Christmas website. For those who are interested in QVC :

Yep, it’s that time of year again! The tentative dates for the QVC channels annual “Christmas in July” programming event are July 17th (late night) through July 19th.*Schedule is subject to change and was last updated on 05/01/15.
                  For those of you who enjoy getting a head start on your Christmas shopping, or if you (like us!) just enjoy a weekend of holiday decor and foods… here is what we know so far:
                  Wednesday, July 1, 2015 (Christmas in July Sale PREVIEWS)
                  • 12:00 to 1:00am – Heartfelt Holidays with Valerie
                  • 10:00 to 11:00am – Heartfelt Holidays with Valerie
                  • 2:00 to 3:00pm – Heartfelt Holidays with Valerie
                  • 6:00 to 8:00pm – Heartfelt Holidays with Valerie

Saturday, July 18, 2015
                  • 6:00 to 8:00pm – Heartfelt Holidays with Valerie

Sunday, July 19, 2015
                  • 4:00 to 5:00pm – Heartfelt Holidays with Valerie
                  • 9:00 to 11:00pm – Heartfelt Holidays with Valerie

More updates coming soon

Comment

Sorry about the separate posts. I keep going onto sites and finding more info that I think people might be interested in.
                    Should I have put these in their own posts?

Yes, you read that correctly… Hallmark Channel will be launching “Countdown to Christmas Thanksgiving Week” this November!From their press release:
                    Hallmark Channel, the Heart of TV, is building on its annual signature holiday programming franchise with a brand new tradition – Countdown to Christmas Thanksgiving Week. This new tentpole initiative will feature an unprecedented five consecutive nights of new original holiday movie premieres from Wednesday, November 25th through Sunday, November 29th. In addition, beginning Monday, November 23rd, the network will celebrate the holiday with daily segments on the network’s Emmy® nominated daytime lifestyle series, Home & Family, and spotlight Thanksgiving-themed digital content – including recipes, entertaining tips, and more – on its websites and social platforms. The event significantly extends Hallmark Channel’s original holiday programming footprint and offers new opportunities for advertisers to reach consumers on both the network’s linear and digital platforms during the most trafficked retail week of the year. This announcement comes on the heels of the company’s record breaking ratings results in Fourth Quarter 2014, which positioned Hallmark Channel as the #1-rated cable network among households and women 25-54 for over 8 weeks.
                    “Hallmark Channel has long been an integral part of viewers’ holiday traditions and every year ratings and delivery for Countdown to Christmas grow exponentially,” said Ed Georger, EVP Advertising Sales, Crown Media Family Networks. “In expanding the initiative to include Countdown to Christmas Thanksgiving Week, we are giving our loyal viewers more of the holiday fare they love, while creating new opportunities for our advertising partners to convey key marketing messages and reach their target audience during the most critical retail period of the year.”
                    Very excited about this news! We loved “Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade” and “The Thanksgiving House” and look forward to what they come up with.
                    As we get more details, we will post them here
                    Last edited by Viktorija; 05-06-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Christmas in July starts today on tv. Woo-hoo !!

Funny .. I don't know if I will watch any of the movies .. but .. it is nice to know that there will be Christmas stuff on tv.

At some point this month a friend will be coming over for a night of Christmas. Have a movie on. Maybe either do a Christmas puzzle or game. I'm debating on whether or not to throw a few decorations up. Either way it will be fun.

Comment

Ive been watching the Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Mysteries and Movies Channel. Both are showing Christmas movies during the weekend and movies all this week. They've also advertised that they will be showing some premier showings of new holiday movies this week as well. Now granted I haven't sat in front of the TV all weekend watching movies but it's nice to know that they are on and can watch them anytime during the day.

They've also started their countdown to Christmas and I think yesterday was something like 119 or 118 days till Christmas! It's getting close!

Comment

This website is listing all the Christmas movies and specials that will be on tv this year. You have to keep checking it because the networks keep moving things around on the schedule. It's nice to have an idea what will be on though. (and don't worry that it says 2014 in the link ... it is for this year)

Hallmark is going all Christmas on Halloween. (fyi)

I also like how on another page on the site they provide movie descriptions.

My hat is off to the person who takes the time to do all of this. Thank You!!!

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.c...llmark-up.html

Comment

Yeah, I don't get Hallmark Channel, but I do get the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel. Sometimes Dish Network, (which is what we have) brings on Hallmark Channel as a free preview perk channel during the holidays! So we will wait and see!

Comment

I just can't stomach the Hallmark Christmas movies. In my opinion at least, they are almost universally terrible -- almost always some low-budget love story, usually about some girl who gets kissed during Christmastime as she's never been kissed before and then both she and her new beau get to live happily ever after.

And if it's not that, then it's some other equally lightweight and slight story that will hold little interest beyond the Lifetime crowd. I've tried to watch some of this stuff--I really have, both on the Hallmark Channel and ABC Family--and I just couldn't do it. If anything, this sad state of affairs dampened my Christmas spirit rather than boosting it.

If I sound irritated, it's because the resources that go into these productions could instead go into legitimate Christmas films that may actually stand up to the test of time.

Comment

^^^^ Like ^^^^
                                The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1368 users online. 2 members and 1366 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X