website that lists Christmas movies and shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of them do suck, big time! My family are always asking me aren't you getting tired of watching these already. I tell them, you know they are on only once a year so I put up with them. I guess it's all in how one looks at Christmas. I think it's the element of the holiday that survives in them. Yeah, they get sappy and mushy and sometimes down right stupid. And I do get tired of everybody saving Christmas all the time. You'd think they could come up with some better stories for these things. But I look at them as maybe trying to get people in the spirit of things for the holidays. Maybe that's why Hallmark, Lifetime, PIXL, ABC Family, Hallmark Movie Channel and so on start these things so dang early (right after Halloween) mostly on weekends till December or after Thanksgiving. Depending on what channel you watch.

But I think they all have one thing in common, and that's to make people feel good about themselves and others. They are all designed with families in mind and to bring people together during this time of year. Some of them may make you think about others and what they may need during the Christmas season. Others are just to try to make people laugh and feel good about the world. Okay, so they're cheaply done and with limited actors, and most of them go from movie to movie. But as I've said, I'm the only one who stomach's through these things in my family. I think it has something to do with me being born on Christmas Day, but hey I don't know!

Comment

Born on Christmas Day! How interesting.

Well that makes sense. If you can watch them and get something out of them then more power to you. I guess in a way I envy you. If I could find something to appreciate about them then I'd have access to unlimited holiday programming for all of December!

I think that, for me, out of the many, many Christmas movies that have been made, there are only a small handful (maybe 25 or so) that I consider to really be worth watching. So a Christmas movie done well is a real treasure.

Comment

Wow .. this website is great. I've been able to find alot of old favorite movies that I will happily watch again. Beats googling each title individually to see if they will be on.
        I've even watched a couple of new (as in I've never seen them before) movies and/or shows too.

A big thanks to whoever puts this website together. It is appreciated.
        Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

I don't know how many people are using this website. One thing I noticed. Sometimes the times change. I usually look at it sometime over the weekend to see if there is anything on during the week that I will want to record. A couple of times already I've been burned when they've changed the time that the show aired. Just a heads up that you should check it the day you want to watch the show .. just to make sure it will be on when you expect it to be.
          Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Originally posted by SPX View Post
            Born on Christmas Day! How interesting.

Well that makes sense. If you can watch them and get something out of them then more power to you. I guess in a way I envy you. If I could find something to appreciate about them then I'd have access to unlimited holiday programming for all of December!

I think that, for me, out of the many, many Christmas movies that have been made, there are only a small handful (maybe 25 or so) that I consider to really be worth watching. So a Christmas movie done well is a real treasure.
            So have you had a chance to see Scrooge starring Albert Finney yet? If you get the chance, it's good to note that when you hear him sing he is actually singing live on the set as they filmed it. He decided to keep the realism in the movie by not using the dubbed sound track they normally use during filming. And if memory serves me right the rest of the films actors followed suit. I'm watching it this week!

Comment

I saw the Albert Finney version last year. Didn't care for it much........

Comment

Originally posted by EnlightenedGrinch View Post
                I saw the Albert Finney version last year. Didn't care for it much........
                Most people don't care for musical as much. I grew up watching them with my parents and it's in my blood. My kids also grew up watching musicals as well, and my daughter doesn't care much for this one also.

Comment

So now there is "The Dog that Saved Christmas", it's either on Hallmark Channel or the Hallmark Movie Channel. Seems that it's theme is loosely based on the Home Alone movies. Instead of a kid being home alone, it's now a dog doing the hi-jinks to the two guys wanting to break into the house. When does it end? I mean, I like Christmas movies but come on . . . there has to be a limit on what Hollywood should make for the holidays.

Comment

The website is reporting that the Hallmark channel will be having "Christmas in July" and will be showing Christmas movies from July 8 - 14th !!!

Thank you Hallmark Channel !! I can't wait.
                    Last edited by Viktorija; 06-12-2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falasben View Post
                      So have you had a chance to see Scrooge starring Albert Finney yet? If you get the chance, it's good to note that when you hear him sing he is actually singing live on the set as they filmed it. He decided to keep the realism in the movie by not using the dubbed sound track they normally use during filming. And if memory serves me right the rest of the films actors followed suit. I'm watching it this week!
                      A bit late responding to this I suppose but . . . no, I did not get a chance to see it. I will definitely make a space for it in my viewing schedule this December, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
                        The website is reporting that the Hallmark channel will be having "Christmas in July" and will be showing Christmas movies from July 8 - 14th !!!

Thank you Hallmark Channel !! I can't wait.
                        That is interesting. I wonder what kind of films they'll show. Christmas classics or the low-budget love story stuff that they tend to run during the holidays?

Comment

They usually show a few classics, but most are the Hallmark specials.

Comment

Just checked out the website, and most of the movies they are showing is what they showed or premiered last year during the holiday season 2012. Which doesn't mean I won't watch them, but I will maybe pick and choose the ones I want to watch.

Comment

Well this looks like an interesting website : http://www.christmastvhistory.com/

Comment

Thanks for the link Viktorija! Looks like a blog I'll be following.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 950 users online. 1 members and 949 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X