Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website that lists Christmas movies and shows

Hi all,

For those of you who do not know about this website .. it is excellent.

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.c...-schedule.html

Don't let the "2009" in it fool you. It is current.

ENJOY !!!
    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

A little bare at this point but it looks like it has the potential to be an excellent resource. Thanks for posting! I'm sure I'll put this to use this year. . .

I wonder how they get their data. Does some guy manually look through the TV guide for Christmas movie listings?

Comment

You're right .. it is a little bare right now but it will get better. Last year it was chock full of all sorts of information about Christmas shows and movies. This past July it had information about movies and shows on during Christmas in July.

Funny .. I was wondering the same thing about where do they get their data.

In any case .. I'm glad the sight is there. I found it very helpful in the past.
      Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

I'll keep an eye on it.

I just wish holiday programming was generally of better quality. Of course you have your classics--both aged and modern--and those films are great. But, at least from my experience, the kind of original movies that are produced by The Hallmark Channel and ABC Family often just aren't very good.

Comment

Wow .. next Tues (Oct 2) FMC will be showing Jingle All the Way.

Comment

Did anyone watch today?

Comment

Christmas movies in October? C'mon.

Ask me again in a couple of months. . .

Comment

Someone is slowly filling in the site. Thank you to whoever is taking the time to do this. It is appreciated.

Comment

From the website :

Monday, October 15, 2012

ABC Family unveils "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas!"

ABC Family has released their scheduling of Christmas Movies that will lead up to the ever popular, "ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas"!

This "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" event will begin November 18 and last through November 30. It will include the Premiere of the 5th Home Alone Movie, Home Alone: The Holiday Heist and other Christmas Movie Favorites, including: Eloise at Christmastime, Christmas Everyday, The Christmas List, and more!

See the Christmas TV Schedule ...
                  for the ever-growing Christmas Movie List!

Comment

5th Home Alone? Wouldn't they be arrested for child abuse by now?
                    People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

5??? Shouldn't they be arrested for beating an idea to death? LOL
                      There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

That's hilarious. The franchise has been dead since the second one or, really, since the first one. I never even knew they made a fourth. It's time to stop. From the info that I've found online, this one doesn't even seem to have anything to do with Christmas.

I love GOOD holiday programming but ABC has a poor track record in this regard. A couple of years ago I tried to watch some of their original movies and almost all of them bordered on unbearable to watch.

Anyone watched any of the Hallmark Channel's original stuff? I have thus far not wandered down that road.

Comment

Totally agree with ya on ABC's original stuff. I think in all the years they may of had one or two I liked. Hallmark Channel is sugar coated sugar served on a plate of sentimental dreams. I take to it like a vampire to sunshine. Can't grab the remote fast enough. LOL If they're showing a classic I'll watch it. Other than that I'll pass.
                          There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Have to agree with P on that one. I've never been into Harlequin Romances either. heh
                            People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Originally posted by putrid View Post
                              Totally agree with ya on ABC's original stuff. I think in all the years they may of had one or two I liked. Hallmark Channel is sugar coated sugar served on a plate of sentimental dreams. I take to it like a vampire to sunshine. Can't grab the remote fast enough. LOL If they're showing a classic I'll watch it. Other than that I'll pass.
                              Sugar coated suger served on a plate of sentimental dreams! Now that is QUITE the description.

Yeah, I have seen the cover art and read the plot summaries for some of those films and I can't say they have inspired me to go out of my way to watch any of them. Too bad I can't get their resources. I know I could do better.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1964 users online. 12 members and 1952 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                              X