What do you think was the most realistic Santa Claus Movie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, and I have to say it's not the worst movie I ever saw, lol. I haven't laughed so hard all week! The polar bear was my favorite part.

Thanks for posting the link to it!

Comment

I always play that in the lobby at the Theatre at Christmas time! If you keep your eyes peeled, Walgreen's usually has it for 99 cents! LOL

I do love how Santa is just Puffing away at his Pipe and blowing the smoke right into the reporters face at the very begining! LOL!
      World's Best Manager

Comment

Originally posted by theedwin View Post
        I think one of the worst ones is "Santa Conquers the Martians". It is really really bad!!! LOL

Wanna watch it?

http://www.archive.org/details/santa...s_the_martians
        Lol I don't think I will watch that one..
        Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

That was rated in the top ten worst Scifi movies of all time. Totally cool!!!
          There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Putrid, it was also featured on "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXJxra_oq8Q"]YouTube - Best of MST3K - Santa Claus Conquers the Martians[/ame]

If you have a few minutes, watch it!
            World's Best Manager

Comment

I saw a very small part of it last year then changed the channel. It was just too dumb for me.

Comment

Originally posted by theedwin View Post
                I think one of the worst ones is "Santa Conquers the Martians". It is really really bad!!! LOL

Wanna watch it?

http://www.archive.org/details/santa...s_the_martians
                Is it going to buffer throughout the whole movie?
                Tis the season to be jolly!

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
                  I have never seen this movie, but I love the old B&W version of "Miracle on 34th St". He seemed like what a real santa would be like. I also liked Tim Allen's Santa Claus. Very real in a comical and modern sort of way.
                  Spot on! The original "Miracle on 34th St" IS Santa Claus!!!

"I believe, I believe"
                  The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by cameron View Post
                    Is it going to buffer throughout the whole movie?
                    LOL, don't worry, I just watched it. Those fight scenes were epic!
                    Tis the season to be jolly!

Comment

"Santa Conquers the Martians", well that is a holiday classic! Anyone who likes "Plan 9 from Outer Space" will appreciate this one. It's one of my favorite holiday traditions watching this movie. I mean who else but Santa could bring Christmas cheer to the martian children and to help them make toys for the little ones. It was a good thing though that they let him go so he could continue his trip around the world on Christmas Eve for the boys and girls here on earth.

In response to "Santa Claus the Movie", well my thoughts on this one is that it started out really great. But then when it got to the part about the toy manufacturer and Dudley Moore playing an elf. Well that did it for me, it really took away from the first part where the woodsman who made the toys and then gets lost in the snowstorm with his wife. Then is rescued to then become Santa for all time because of his love for the children. That was the best part of the movie for me. They could have just ended it there and it would have been fine making it a short film only.
                      "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

"Joulutarina"....available in the U.S. as "Christmas Story" (not to be confused with "A Christmas Story"). Finnish movie made in 2007. I believe it is available on Netflix (English dubbed). I was able to purchase a copy at Best Buy.

I was first made aware of this last year by a poster named Olga. My wife loves this movie. Very poignant story of how a young orphan named Nicholas becomes Santa Claus. The ending wasn't the best...but otherwise a very good movie that I highly recommend.
                        "Christmas isn't just a day...it's a frame of mind!"

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
                          I have never seen this movie, but I love the old B&W version of "Miracle on 34th St". He seemed like what a real santa would be like. I also liked Tim Allen's Santa Claus. Very real in a comical and modern sort of way.
                          Agreed! The ideal Santa!

Comment

Santa Claus the Movie is awesome!

Comment

I also really liked the Tim Allen Santa Clause movie the best. That's always been the one that I watched during Christmas time.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1314 users online. 8 members and 1306 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                              X