What do you think was the most realistic Santa Claus Movie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think was the most realistic Santa Claus Movie?

I have seen several Santa Claus movies. I was Curious if anyone else is with me on my selection or if not what movie?

I think 1985ís Santa Claus: The Movie Staring Dudley Moore, John Lithgow, and David Huddleston (as Santa) was the most detailed and realistic to current cultural myth. In the early to mid 2000ís they released the 20th Anniversary Special Edition that has Extras with David Huddleston in his Santa garb. He is walking you through the making of the movie.

I have heard there going to be putting it on Blu-ray. But to be honest the movies quality seemed like it was shot with a low resolution camera. I guess ill buy it and see if they where able to clean it up.

Anybody else with me on my selection or have one to share that I may have or have not seen?
    Santa Scott

www.BaltimoreSanta.com

"Keeping childhood memories alive and preserving the spirit of Christmas. The true spirit our Lord."

I have to say the same Santa Claus movie was a great movie! I still watch it every year with my son. I think I was 8 at the time the movie came out, still brings back memories.
    Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
      I have to say the same Santa Claus movie was a great movie! I still watch it every year with my son. I think I was 8 at the time the movie came out, still brings back memories.
      I still watch it year round It keeps me in the mood to play Santa and makes me feel like Christmas is year round.
      Santa Scott

www.BaltimoreSanta.com

"Keeping childhood memories alive and preserving the spirit of Christmas. The true spirit our Lord."

Comment

I like Tim Allen's version of the Santa Claus. While not accurate, it's still fun to me.
        People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickie Ickie View Post
          I like Tim Allen's version of the Santa Claus. While not accurate, it's still fun to me.

Thats a great movie to!

Comment

Tim Allen made an awesome Santa! I have to say I love the "Ernest Saves Christmas" and "Elf" Santas as well....aahhh Ernest the true creative yard Decker.

Comment

I too like the Santa from Santa Claus the Movie.

I also really liked how Santa was portrayed in The Night They Saved Christmas.

Comment

I know it's not a real movie but 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' narrated by Fred Astier was the best all around Santa movie. It's the only show that tried to tie together all the major info on Santa.
                There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Originally posted by putrid View Post
                  I know it's not a real movie but 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' narrated by Fred Astier was the best all around Santa movie. It's the only show that tried to tie together all the major info on Santa.
                  I don't think I have seen that movie sounds like a good one!

Comment

Chris, It's the Franken, Bass claymation cartoon that starts out with Fred Astier as a mail man. The one with Burgermister Misterburger who outlaws all toys.
                    There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

I think one of the worst ones is "Santa Conquers the Martians". It is really really bad!!! LOL

Wanna watch it?

http://www.archive.org/details/santa...s_the_martians
                      Last edited by theedwin; 10-24-2009, 02:46 AM.
                      World's Best Manager

Comment

Originally posted by BaltimoreSanta View Post
                        I have seen several Santa Claus movies. I was Curious if anyone else is with me on my selection or if not what movie?

I think 1985ís Santa Claus: The Movie Staring Dudley Moore, John Lithgow, and David Huddleston (as Santa) was the most detailed and realistic to current cultural myth. In the early to mid 2000ís they released the 20th Anniversary Special Edition that has Extras with David Huddleston in his Santa garb. He is walking you through the making of the movie.

I have heard there going to be putting it on Blu-ray. But to be honest the movies quality seemed like it was shot with a low resolution camera. I guess ill buy it and see if they where able to clean it up.

Anybody else with me on my selection or have one to share that I may have or have not seen?
                        I have never seen this movie, but I love the old B&W version of "Miracle on 34th St". He seemed like what a real santa would be like. I also liked Tim Allen's Santa Claus. Very real in a comical and modern sort of way.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
                          I have never seen this movie, but I love the old B&W version of "Miracle on 34th St". He seemed like what a real santa would be like. I also liked Tim Allen's Santa Claus. Very real in a comical and modern sort of way.

JW its a great movie also with christmas prop building ideas
                          Im starting to like this thread lots of christmas movies I have not seen.

Comment

I agree with you on that. It was a horrible story. and I know its old but the FX was just as bad!

Originally posted by theedwin View Post
                            I think one of the worst ones is "Santa Conquers the Martians". It is really really bad!!! LOL

Wanna watch it?

http://www.archive.org/details/santa...s_the_martians
                            Santa Scott

www.BaltimoreSanta.com

Comment

I was 6 when Santa Claus: The Movie came out. It's still one of my favorites today. It's not Christmas unless I see that movie. I agree about the picture quality, but I still love to watch it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2153 users online. 9 members and 2144 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X