Snoopy's house and light show icicles but need to add something else

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoopy's house and light show icicles but need to add something else

I love the 12 sets of shooting icicles and the Snoopy House my dad and I built last year but my house and lawn still looks a bit dark because I don't know what else to put. Any ideas? I suppose I need some reindeer. I am all about neat and straight. I can't stand seeing a house where there's an extra 6 lights hanging off a house or the lights are crooked.
    I do have a led wreath that goes between the 4 windows on the 2nd floor..it blew off the house.
    With those starry night lights above the icicles they can't look straight anyway...but it gives it a bit of a garland look to it. if that makes any sense.

I tried the Gemmy and Phillips chasing C9s around the garage and they turned defective in a month so I got solid ones.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by knightrdrx; 11-12-2016, 12:55 PM.

Looks great Knight! Plan on building any new props this year?

In term of filling up space, were you thinking of additional props or maybe some lighting effects? I used the LED floods that change color and its amazing how impactful they can be at filling up space and making your display stand out. I also like to point them up at trees on my property which really give a sense of depth and height, use what ya got
    These are what I use: https://www.amazon.com/Warmoon-Outdo...anging+outdoor
    Schedule

Comment

Love your snoopy dog house!

Comment

Larry - thank you for sharing the link to the flood light you use. What a great idea! I was planning to wrap the tree in my front yard. However, I'm thinking this is a better option for me. Less manual labor and more economical for me. This will also work to light my nativity scene (that I haven't purchased yet). Lol

Do you think 10W would be sufficient to light a medium sized sugar maple tree or should I get 20W? Also, do you think 10W would be sufficient for the nativity scene?

Thx again Larry! Man, you just saved me a lot of time and money!

Comment

how about a charlie brown christmas tree in the front??

Comment

I have the same light larry suggested. I love it how versatile it is. I use is at halloween also. Adorable Snoopy dog house. I want to make one this year...maybe. I love WintersElf idea of a charlie brown tree. I was just sitting here thinking about it myself.

knight...i had to laugh when you said "I can't stand seeing a house where there's an extra 6 lights hanging off a house or the lights are crooked." Me too. LOL. I always tell myself at least they tried and then I look at them again and say...but not very hard. Does that make me a mean person? Probably.

Comment

Thx JW! I'm going to order it now! To be safe, I'll just order the 20W for the tree. I'm thinking the 10W will be enough to light the nativity scene (that I still need to buy). Lol

Comment

You might be able to find a small air-blown of Charlie Brown himself to put next to the dog house. It would be great if you could find him holding a bowl of water for Snoopy!

Comment

when I have "extra lights" I cover them with black electrical tape. If they are LED's that is. If it is a standard set - like I am using this year (C-9's and C-7's) I chop off the extra lights and electrical black tape the end. It won't work for Mini's, but it does work for the big bulbs.
                  World's Best Manager

Comment

Question: Has anyone noticed (at least with me) that when switching to LED lighting, that the length of light strands tend to be shorter?

I just bought some new sets of LED's for the gutters this year, and noticed that the same amount of lighting count (100 light sets) don't go as far as the old incandescent glass lights. I bought one set of 100 lights thinking that it would be the same length, but to my surprise it wasn't even close. I've gone back a bought another 100ct., and it still is short from where I was last year with the old lighting.

I've had to go back to the store and get a 50ct. set which is a little overkill, because a 25ct., would have been enough. But they only make that size in the glass bulbs, not in LED's. Now I know it has to do with the brand of sets I got because I've seen them in that size and even smaller in other brands.

So, I was just wondering if anyone else has had that kind of experience when purchasing LED lighting?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Falasben, I am thinking that it is more than likely a different manufacturer that the light strings would be of different lengths. LED lighting is completely different than incandescent lighting (obviously) so I am guessing that the restrictions on spacing would be a lot different. What your talking about seems crazy though. But then again, more lights- less electricity where can you go wrong? (Except the cost of more strands of lights gets spendy).
                      World's Best Manager

Comment

Originally posted by theedwin View Post
                        Hello Falasben, I am thinking that it is more than likely a different manufacturer that the light strings would be of different lengths. LED lighting is completely different than incandescent lighting (obviously) so I am guessing that the restrictions on spacing would be a lot different. What your talking about seems crazy though. But then again, more lights- less electricity where can you go wrong? (Except the cost of more strands of lights gets spendy).
                        Thank you for responding to my question. I really don't know why I posted this on your post about Snoopy, but I guess I had another "Brain Fart" or something like that! I think its right that it's just another way for manufacturers to make you buy more lighting sets. But it ended up that the 50ct. was actually the right amount to finish off my gutters in the front of the house. So it worked out.

Thanks, edwin!

Comment

That's why I'm glad most light manufacturers print the total length AND the lighted length of the string on the outside of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by EnlightenedGrinch View Post
                            That's why I'm glad most light manufacturers print the total length AND the lighted length of the string on the outside of the box.
                            Agreed. I use those all the time. But usually my measurements are completely wrong. My foot isn't really a "foot" I guess. ha ha
                            World's Best Manager

Comment

Maybe it's a metric foot? Lol.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1097 users online. 4 members and 1093 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X