Buy your lights on December 27th and 28th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy your lights on December 27th and 28th

For the past few years, I have walked into my local big box store a day or two after Christmas. There, on the floor, stacked on pallets, will be all of the lights they did not sell. I usually buy the entire pallet ... at about $1.50 per strand. The manager is always glad to see them disappear.

I don't care what color, style, size etc. they are. I have about 800 boxes of brand new lights stacked up in my shop for this Christmas. I have a couple dozen reels of the 300-light strands. Everything I buy are LED lights (usually) but I will also buy the incandescent bulbs if the price is right. I'll probably buy another 300 strands or so this year.

These stores do not want to store those lights for a year, so they "blow them out" after Christmas.

I have a 30-foot flag pole on my property. I think this year, I'm going to make a HUGE Christmas tree

Joe

Sometimes I've been amazed at how quickly stuff in the stores right after Christmas gets cleaned out.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

It's a great idea. Unfortunately, I usually figure out the lights I need about this time of year, and I think I have everything I need right after Christmas.
      Mark
      Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

I know during the Fall months places like Hobby Lobby and Micheal's will have their lights on sale for a week. Walmart does not only after Christmas. I don't like their lights anyway because their red lights looks pink and their green lights looks teal.

Comment

Thx Doug! I will be on the lookout for that sale. If you hear of it, please post it on here.

Comment

My problem is that I don't have any money after Christmas to buy anything!

Comment

LOL!!! That's true for a lot of people Falasben. LOL

Comment

I will always buy Christmas stuff right after the holiday. That's when everything is going to go on great sales. The owners of the store just want to see all that stuff gone.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1403 users online. 3 members and 1400 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                X