Newbie Needs Advice On Gremmy Volumes..............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Needs Advice On Gremmy Volumes..............

Hi again everyone. What I have noticed is that depending on the volumes I have set on the device I use to run music the the Gremmy (either lap top or boom box) the intensity of when the lights come on and off can be adjusted. Does anyone have advice on best setting for this? An example would be turn the volume on the lap top all the way up and keep the volume on the Gremmy lower, or vice-a-versa.

So a little more about what I want to do......
    Static display all non led mini's but not powered off the Gremmy. Light show will be displayed on the house, front deck and porch. We plan to do a kids show with more Christmas music for children (grandkids yikes!), and alternate it with Christmas songs more geared to adults. A lot to bite off in year one!

How may led's can we push out on the Gremmy???

Thanks To All

I have a friend he too got some interest in them. I want to give him a Thanksgiving Centerpieces as a favor.
    Last edited by RikerVano; 10-02-2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starmiketwo View Post
      How may led's can we push out on the Gremmy???

Thanks To All
      I really don't know much about this, however, there should be a rating on the unit that shows amps allowed, either in total or by outlet. Look at your light strings, they will have a marking as to who many amos they draw. LEDs typically are very low, thus I would imagine you could run a good number. 100 count sting of incans draws .34 amps.

Comment

What's Gremmy?

Comment

What that is would be called a typo. It should be Gemmy.

Comment

I used the gemmy last year, its a really solid controller and would recommend it to anyone. I was once told that a general rule of thumb is 1 string of 100 ct incan mini lights is equal to 18 100 ct led minis. that rule has not been tested, but i had 5 sets of 100ct mini leds per channel of my gemmy with no issues

Comment

Thanks for that rule of thumb. The gemmy did a pretty good job for us last year (first year). It is a bit flashy, but for a low cost way to get started its hard to beat.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 952 users online. 2 members and 950 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
              X