Outdoor lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor lights

I was curious what color lights everyone used to decorate your yards ... do you use all white lights, all multi, or the one color lights (blue, red, green), or do you use a mixture of colors?

I am a little stuck on what to do this year for my yard, I want to do something different, but just cannot decide, so I thought I'd get some ideas from what you all do.

PS - I use only LED's outside, so whatever I end up using will be all LED's.

It depends if you mix up your yard into sections or scenes as I like to put it.

Think of it that way.

Each scene at my holiday home is unique. Each has it's own color. Be it white/red, multi/white, red/blue, candyland, green/multi/red/white, etc...

To me you separate it by color to make each scene it's own world.

Good luck!
    I swear, I went through this entire strand. Each light I pulled out and put back in. Oh, I didn't check the fuse! My thumb is so sore, will I learn for next time?

Comment

Well--I don't do scenes or nothing like that--at least not intentionally anyway. I use a mixture of colors of mostly multi, blue and white. I do not have a very big yard so I don't have room for scenes. The most lights are nets on the fence and a couple of little trees, white and blue icicles on the house. That's all.. The rest is full of blow moods and builds.

I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it. I like the displays with scenes, but I also like the random ones too.
      I just put stuff out and up with no particular rhyme or reason to it. If scenes happen--it not my fault-lol.
      I just do what I like.
      Please stop by Facebook or our website for a visit.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RazlD...60872887351038

www.RazlDazlChristmas.weebly.com

Comment

I like to add white lights with the colors to me it just brings things out more.
        Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

i use colored lights on one side of my yard the candyland side,, and then white lights on my northpole side... house is always done in white lights
          Visit my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/WalterHeussmannPhotography

if you like what you see give me a like!!

Comment

I use mostly multi-colored lights and also several single color strands of blue, red and green. Maybe a few blue and white mixed. Probably 90% LED.
            I put the multi-colored and singles in the bushes, icicles on the eaves (the real plastic LED icicles), LED rope lights around the windows and front door, and light balls in a couple of trees.

Comment

Originally posted by EnlightenedGrinch View Post
              I use mostly multi-colored lights and also several single color strands of blue, red and green. Maybe a few blue and white mixed. Probably 90% LED.
              I put the multi-colored and singles in the bushes, icicles on the eaves (the real plastic LED icicles), LED rope lights around the windows and front door, and light balls in a couple of trees.
              How do those light balls look?
              I realize I should edit this. I've never seen the light balls and how they look so I am actually curious. I see they have three colors at home depot and have been mixed about purchasing them. So, I am curious if they bright or if they look kind of out of place, unless you purchase a bunch.
              Last edited by ij20me; 11-28-2011, 12:26 PM.
              I swear, I went through this entire strand. Each light I pulled out and put back in. Oh, I didn't check the fuse! My thumb is so sore, will I learn for next time?

Comment

A mix of minis for me. One the house and around the Nativity I use white. In the North pole scene I have a green, a red and a blue lit tree. I tried those orange Halloween lights last year for the fourth tree but it honestly looked like a second red tree. Going to go back to multi minis on it. The rest of the yard trees and candy cane fence are all multi. A mix of old fashioned and LEDs.

I agree that the white lights help the colors to look better.
                There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

My house faces a 35 mph road with big trees before and after so I find it important for it to look balanced, bright, and clean during the majority of my viewers short 3 second (or so) glance. I keep it simple with all white lights on my house and tree trunks, and put solid colors on the tree canopies. This year is actually our first year using color, so we only have red. Next year we'll likely add at least one blue and one green, if not more.

We accent light posts and banisters with green garland and red bows.

Comment

Originally posted by ij20me View Post
                    How do those light balls look?
                    I haven't seen the ones at Home Depot.
                    I make my own using the 4 ounce (?) clear plastic cups and 100 bulb mini light strings.
                    I put a gold one and a red/green one high up in a tree.
                    Then another larger one with multi-function lights in a different tree.
                    Here's my tutorial on the larger one. It's the project on this page called "Mega Light Ball":

Look under the "Light Balls" category on this site. Mine's the one called the "Mega Light Ball".

http://www.santasprojects.com/
                    Last edited by EnlightenedGrinch; 11-28-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

That's right, I remember that thread now. Then I remembered that I didn't have enough time to do that. Sorry about that. My mind doesn't go back that far.

Comment

My doctor gave me some pills to improve my memory.
                        But I forgot to take them!

Comment

I like to use all the colors. I have some solid color trees, a white tree, lights that change colors, multi colors.

I don't discriminate!
                          World's Best Manager

Comment

I love colored lights. While lights while nice and simple doesn't seem to have as much of the Christmas spirit as multi colored lights.

Comment

I use color, some strands are single colors, ex, my roof is lined with blue,,, the windows are circled with mulit,,, I just basically have a color explosion,, they are all LED"S... I do like white, but hubby doesn't at all,,, so I learned it is just easier to put all colored,, than listen to the white isn't real Christmas moaning and groaning,,,,,
                              my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1080 users online. 4 members and 1076 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X