Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow! that's a lot tim. what is a cfl?

Comment

• Compact Fluorescent Light. I believe at soon the regular incandescent lights we have always used 40W and higher are being banned by Obama and we will all need to switch over to either CFLs or LEDs. For now the CFLs are much cheaper. At Christmas I got boxes of 6 40W and 60W at my local ACE hardware for $1.99. It will save you power as a 40W CFL actually uses @10W and a 60W uses @13W. I will be switching my 25W when I can get a good deal on them. The concern with CFLs is that in the past they performed very poorly in cold weather, which I did nto experience at all this year.

If you are a LOR or other sequence user than CFLs might be a challenge as they sometimes take a period of time to warm up and if you are constantly dimming and turning things on and off there could be challenges. In my static display they were great.

Comment

• Originally posted by halorene View Post
        frosty, those are wonderful. around here, I've only seen one house that puts out carolers. they are angel carolers. I've never even seen any put out in the stores. are those newer or older? good thing to mention the bulbs. that would be a shame to burn a hole.
        It's one of the old Empire Carolers. Unfortunately, you can't get the ceiling fan light bulbs in a 25 watt. The least you can find them in is a 40 watt. A ceiling fan bulb won't touch the plastic directly, but in one spot it feels slightly warm. If you put it out during the holiday season, the surrounding air probably keeps it cool. Besides, it won't be on for 24 hours. Does that make sense?

Comment

• I feel happy that blow molds are coming back into fashion. Inflatables are very flimsy and delicate. Once I send the petition to Nudell and General Foam, they should bring back some of the TPI molds. Those two snowmen with green hats are cute.

Comment

• I feel happy that blow molds are coming back into fashion. Inflatables are very flimsy and delicate. Once I send the petition to Nudell and General Foam, they should bring back some of the TPI molds. Those two snowmen with green hats are cute.
            I don't mean to bust your bubble, but the chances of your petition having any effect is less than zero. I'd like to see some of the old blow molds make a comeback as well, but it's not going to happen.
            https://christmaslightscreations.com/

Comment

• my daughter happened to be driving along, and she spotted 3 blow molds thrown out in the city wide trash days. she grabbed them. mrs. santa I already have 2 of. that's cool, I'm going to repaint them as different characters. a santa I already have. I will try to sell him. and a snowman I don't have. I am crazy excited about the snowman. i'll post a picture as soon as I can get one.

the cute part was, there was a little girl out playing in the yard, they got out to get them, and the little girl helped carry one to the car.

Comment

• That's great you got a snowman you did not have already, Halo. I haven't ever repainted a blowmold, so will be interested to see what you come up with for the Mrs. And I hope your Santa sells!

Comment

• Originally posted by CLCELF1 View Post
                  I don't mean to bust your bubble, but the chances of your petition having any effect is less than zero. I'd like to see some of the old blow molds make a comeback as well, but it's not going to happen.
                  ClCELF, I hate to tell you this, but you can't always be right. It's possible that it might come back. I sent an e-mail to GF and they said they'll be glad to have it and forward it to their team. They told me who to contact for it. Nudell does own TPI stuff. A few years ago, they said that they own the steel mold. They probably shall start producing it now. Those TPI molds are sold quickly once they're on E-bay. There's no guarantee that it's not going to happen. You might be wrong.

Comment

• frosty, that would be great if it happened. around here, blow molds sell off the shelf real fast. especially xmas ones. and I've noticed more and more houses decorating with them. just in my small town of 400 people, a lot of houses have at least 1. a house down the road has a menagerie of them, as well as I do. I kind of feel we're a blow mold town.
                    here is my snowman

Richard, I just went back to look at old posts and noticed you posted some new blow molds you acquired. how did I miss that before. I got that angel at menards. she is a real beauty. and I saw that santa. I agree, he's very nice looking, but I too wish he had a little more size on him. what were they thinking when they made him that small. but he is so detailed, who could refuse. but I did not have enough money to get him. I got the angel, camel, and mrs santa. I really wanted santa, sleigh, and reindeer, but they flew off the shelf. oh well, I'm still happy with what I got.
                    Last edited by halorene; 04-24-2014, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• I went to goodwill yesterday, and I got an Easter bunny, it's hard plastic and has a plug in the bottom to hold the sand in. it is full of sand. there is no light to it though. I bought it anyway. I think it will look cute along side the giant eggs I display along side the Easter light up blow molds. my grandson and I were talking, we have never seen in any stores brand new Easter blow molds. is it a thing of the past. or does anyone know of any stores that do carry new Easter blow molds. I have a cute couple of ones I bought at garage sales.
                      Last edited by halorene; 06-27-2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• here is a picture of the cute little pink easter bunny I got. and I went to a garage sale yesterday, and I got this big, cute easter bunny and candle. when I got home, I found I already had the easter bunny. I was disappointed there, but the candle is one I didn't have.

Comment

• Sorry you already have the bunny, but he is really cute!

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
                          my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

• thanks bethene. they also had a very cool blow mold church. $50.00. it was worth it, but I just don't have $50.00. so I didn't get it.

Comment

• I don't think that I have ever seen a blowmold church, too bad that it was too much. It sounds awesome!!

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
                              my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

• here is my snowman blow mold from city wide garage sale day. I paid a $0.25. it doesn't have its light, but that is an easy remedy.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1097 users online. 4 members and 1093 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X