blow molds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by halorene View Post
    yeah, she is another mold I would love to have duplicates of. then the hard decision of who I want to repaint her as.
    I agree. Lol
    Richard G

www.gierlichchristmas.weebly.com

Comment

• okay, believe this or not. today when I got off work, I went past a garage sale and although it was closed, some lady was there and said I could look around. so I grabbed mrs claus. she was $5.00. she is the union one I already have. she's missing her candy cane. just as I was leaving, a lady pulled up and the other lady scurried off. she was upset that the lady sold me the blow mold because she didn't even know the lady. she said I could keep the blow mold but how much did I pay. I told her and she said the lady works at a near by store and she would have her hubby get the money from the lady. I left quickly with mrs claus under my arm. what a deal.
      now the important question is, what shall I paint her.

Comment

okay, believe this or not. today when I got off work, I went past a garage sale and although it was closed, some lady was there and said I could look around. so I grabbed mrs claus. she was $5.00. she is the union one I already have. she's missing her candy cane. just as I was leaving, a lady pulled up and the other lady scurried off. she was upset that the lady sold me the blow mold because she didn't even know the lady. she said I could keep the blow mold but how much did I pay. I told her and she said the lady works at a near by store and she would have her hubby get the money from the lady. I left quickly with mrs claus under my arm. what a deal.
        now the important question is, what shall I paint her.
        So a strange lady goes to ones house, okay a you to but something and wasn't even hers to sell? Lol!!!
        Congrats on your find though
        Richard G

Comment

• well, it wasn't a house, it is a building downtown that has been closed. so this couple own the building and are setting up a thrift store [rummage sale] in the building. so when I got off work I saw the rummage sale sign, but it looked closed up as I went past the front. it was later in the day, so it figured it was closed. but as I looked down the side of the building, there was stuff out all over, and I saw this lady there, so I stopped. she said I could look around. she even took me inside. we visited for a spell, very nice lady. so when this other lady pulled up and the other scurried off, boy did she give me an earful. how this lady was newer in town and she didn't know her and didn't trust her and why was she hanging around like that. she would have her hubby get the money. she asked me how much I paid and she said that was a fair price. it was all very strange. but I got my mold.
          Last edited by halorene; 06-10-2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

well, it wasn't a house, it is a building downtown that has been closed. so this couple own the building and are setting up a thrift store [rummage sale] in the building. so when I got off work I saw the rummage sale sign, but it looked closed up as I went past the front. it was later in the day, so it figured it was closed. but as I looked down the side of the building, there was stuff out all over, and I saw this lady there, so I stopped. she said I could look around. she even took me inside. we visited for a spell, very nice lady. so when this other lady pulled up and the other scurried off, boy did she give me an earful. how this lady was newer in town and she didn't know her and didn't trust her and why was she hanging around like that. she would have her hubby get the money. she asked me how much I paid and she said that was a fair price. it was all very strange. but I got my mold.
            Sounds like a confusing episode of Days of Our Lives...lol
            At least you got the mold.
            Richard G

Comment

so which santa goes with this mrs claus?
              Hallo most of the Union Catalogs depict that particular Mrs. Claus with the List Santa however I have found she looks so good standing next to The Union Santa with a white Soldier in his toy sack. I myself have coupled her with an Empire Santa that has a Cockerspanial in his toy sack. To me they look like a perfect couple.

Comment

• gris, I did buy her with the list santa, but I displayed her with the santa holding a Christmas stocking. the santa with the list I like, but he is my least favorite santa. I wasn't totally happy with the stocking santa, but he seemed the best choice out of the ones I had. I don't have the 2 santas you mentioned. since I already have a mrs claus just like this, I want to change her up. but i'm thinking of giving her silver or gray hair and maybe painting some pretty décor on her apron. or does mrs claus always have white hair? that way I will still have two mrs claus rather than one since I have so many santas. maybe at xmas time I can find her a stick ornament of some kind since she is missing the candy cane.

Comment

• Halorene, heck paint her with blue hair if ya want.
                  People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

• Picked these up finally today thanks to a response from my Craigslist Ad
                    Attached Files
                    Richard G

Comment

• Richard, you had some sweet luck. that is a fantastic mrs claus. I love her. your snowman to the left I have. mine has a pipe in his mouth, green earmuffs, and a red neck scarf. I have a similar soldier, but mine has a white base under the black foot base. I have that santa, he is a very nice one. love his sack. I have one of those candy canes. I wouldn't mind more of them so I could paint them different. and your last snowman is awesome. he would go well with one that I have that is similar. mine has a red derby hat, but it's more rounded. looks like you had some great luck

Comment

Richard, you had some sweet luck. that is a fantastic mrs claus. I love her. your snowman to the left I have. mine has a pipe in his mouth, green earmuffs, and a red neck scarf. I have a similar soldier, but mine has a white base under the black foot base. I have that santa, he is a very nice one. love his sack. I have one of those candy canes. I wouldn't mind more of them so I could paint them different. and your last snowman is awesome. he would go well with one that I have that is similar. mine has a red derby hat, but it's more rounded. looks like you had some great luck
                        Thanks Halorene, I already have 2 Mrs. Clauses so I'm planning to sell her. The snowman to the left I've always wanted..glad I found one. I don't think this one has a hole for a pipe. The soldiers are actually cool..I have the white ones as well, these are a harder plastic...never found them before. Santa, my dad and I talked before about wanting 2. I inherited one 2 years ago from my grandma after my grandpa passed...I always told her I wanted it and she always said I could when they passed away but because she was moving. Candy canes are something I can't have to little of..the more the marrier. Lol. And the snowman..patience is of virtue. He wasn't discussed when I was talking to the seller. I passed him up last year at a thrift store because the lady wanted 25$$ for him and I thought it was a little to much seeing he had a yellow stain in the plastic.
                        Richard G

Comment

• sounds good Richard. nice you inherited one. that one I am sure is very dear to you. oh, $25.00 would have been to much for sure. glad you found a different one. well, a lot of the fun is the glee you feel when you find one

Comment

sounds good Richard. nice you inherited one. that one I am sure is very dear to you. oh, $25.00 would have been to much for sure. glad you found a different one. well, a lot of the fun is the glee you feel when you find one
                            I agree..thank you. And he is held closer to my heart then a lot of things. He was the Santa I ALWAYS looked forward to seeing no matter my age.
                            I can't even bring myself to repaint him because it wouldn't have that meaning anymore I think. :/
                            Richard G

Comment

• Awseome score Richard I like the? O... wait I like all of them congrats on the finds!
                              Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

• Lol...thanks Chris.
                                Richard G

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 969 users online. 1 members and 968 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X