blow molds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CLCELF1 View Post
    Yep, sure did. They don't make the Candy Cane with the Holly, the Angel with Glitter Gold Wings and the Victorian Christmas Carolers either. I liked all of those. And they changed the paint patterns on a number of their molds, especially the nativities and the wisemen. They still make the white reindeer, but changed his antlers to all white. Since when does a deer have brilliant white antlers? It's all about them maximizing profit.
    I love some of the new paint jobs. Specially the new look to Bumpy.
    Maybe a surprise will arise in some years from them. Lol
    Richard G

www.gierlichchristmas.weebly.com

Comment

• Good to hear from ya Mr. Griswold!

I like the idea of new paint jobs on blow molds too. Anyone giving a quick glance as they drive by will see the colors and not see they're the same blow molds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	reindeer-species.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	148582

Our version of Santa's reindeer look more like the white tail and red deer we have in the states. Real reindeer can have white antlers. The good news is antlers don't light up on these blow molds. You could always spray them brown before attaching them to the head. Best of both worlds!

I'm hoping for a few surprises from them too. I think once folks get tired of dead or limp puffies blow molds will swing back into the main stream.
      There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

• Originally posted by putrid View Post
        Good to hear from ya Mr. Griswold!

I like the idea of new paint jobs on blow molds too. Anyone giving a quick glance as they drive by will see the colors and not see they're the same blow molds.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9353[/ATTACH]

Our version of Santa's reindeer look more like the white tail and red deer we have in the states. Real reindeer can have white antlers. The good news is antlers don't light up on these blow molds. You could always spray them brown before attaching them to the head. Best of both worlds!

I'm hoping for a few surprises from them too. I think once folks get tired of dead or limp puffies blow molds will swing back into the main stream.
        I really hope so, then again I love seeing a mix of puffies and molds in a yard.
        Richard G

Comment

• thanks everyone for the nice words. gris, I love the toy bag too. so which mrs claus goes with him? as for leaving molds behind, I rarely find duplicates, but if I do, and they can be rekindled, I will. I have 2 angels with gold wings, i'm going to make one silver wings. remember the scout song....make new friends, but keep the old,,,one is silver, and the other gold. and I have 2 stick santas, one i'm going to make into a wizard. hilda inspired me there. clc, that is a very pretty candle. I've never seen one like that before. hunting and finding old ones is a real treat. Richard, i'm sending some good wishes your way. hope it helps and you find some.

Comment

• Originally posted by halorene View Post
            thanks everyone for the nice words. gris, I love the toy bag too. so which mrs claus goes with him? as for leaving molds behind, I rarely find duplicates, but if I do, and they can be rekindled, I will. I have 2 angels with gold wings, i'm going to make one silver wings. remember the scout song....make new friends, but keep the old,,,one is silver, and the other gold. and I have 2 stick santas, one i'm going to make into a wizard. hilda inspired me there. clc, that is a very pretty candle. I've never seen one like that before. hunting and finding old ones is a real treat. Richard, i'm sending some good wishes your way. hope it helps and you find some.
            Here are 2 pics of the Mrs. Claus.
            One beside Santa and one alone.
            Attached Files
            Richard G

Comment

• LOVE the blow mold Hallo,, I never find any cute ones like that, or if by chance I do see some, they want a fortune for them~
              The Mrs Santa is adorable!!!!!
              my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

• thanks Richard, I really like her. I think gris has her. I only have one mrs claus, and would love to find another one but different.
                thanks bethie. I knew you would like him. now on to the next

Comment

thanks Richard, I really like her. I think gris has her. I only have one mrs claus, and would love to find another one but different.
                  thanks bethie. I knew you would like him. now on to the next
                  You're welcome!! She's my favorite Mrs. Claus, not a fan of Unions
                  Richard G

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardG View Post
                    You're welcome!! She's my favorite Mrs. Claus, not a fan of Unions

That is my favorite Mrs Claus too
                    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

• so which santa goes with this mrs claus?

Comment

so which santa goes with this mrs claus?
                        The one you have in the pic. That's who I've always seen her with.
                        Richard G

Comment

merry Christmas to me. I found this beauty at a garage sale for $5.00.
                          That's the same one I found at an antique store / craft mall!!! I sure didn't pay only $5 for mine, tho! Those eyes are creepy real, aren't they?
                          Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

• lisa, i guess i didn't really pay attention before. oh, they're not real bad. i like this santa a lot.
                            Richard thanks. that's probably why they came together. i figure this might be the mrs claus you don't care for, but she sure paints up nice as different characters. and i don't mind her at all. i was pretty excited when i got her. she is my first and only mrs santa

Comment

lisa, i guess i didn't really pay attention before. oh, they're not real bad. i like this santa a lot.
                              Richard thanks. that's probably why they came together. i figure this might be the mrs claus you don't care for, but she sure paints up nice as different characters. and i don't mind her at all. i was pretty excited when i got her. she is my first and only mrs santa
                              Yeah, she's the one. However, if I found her I would get her. Lol
                              I have seen many repaints of her. She does look good redone.
                              Richard G

Comment

• yeah, she is another mold I would love to have duplicates of. then the hard decision of who I want to repaint her as.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 846 users online. 3 members and 843 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X