blow molds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks viktorja. I have another, and it needs painting now. i'm going to keep it red. will do it sometime this summer.
    grim, those are sweet deals. they are in nice shape and a good price. I don't have any of them. bbaaaaaa. besides the elf with presents, you need the elf painting the sign, santa's workshop. or do you already have it?
    Richard, thanks. I will for sure be getting that before I paint another.
    the auction I went to also had a turkey. I bid up to $15.00, which is higher than I usually like to go, but it was a turkey. it went for $25.00, which is a good price after what I've seen them go for on ebay.
    they have a santa on craigslist here for $10.00, but I already have him, so i'm not interested. he's a nice one though.

Comment

• Originally posted by halorene View Post
      thanks viktorja. I have another, and it needs painting now. i'm going to keep it red. will do it sometime this summer.
      grim, those are sweet deals. they are in nice shape and a good price. I don't have any of them. bbaaaaaa. besides the elf with presents, you need the elf painting the sign, santa's workshop. or do you already have it?
      Richard, thanks. I will for sure be getting that before I paint another.
      the auction I went to also had a turkey. I bid up to $15.00, which is higher than I usually like to go, but it was a turkey. it went for $25.00, which is a good price after what I've seen them go for on ebay.
      they have a santa on craigslist here for $10.00, but I already have him, so i'm not interested. he's a nice one though.
      You're welcome, what I was told to use as well and worked.
      Craigslist is great...3 ad's on mine within 2 hours of me, but need a car that's good on gas to go there...lol
      Richard G

www.gierlichchristmas.weebly.com

Comment

• yikes, 2 hours! I hear you. I've bought a few from craigslist. it's a nice source.

Comment

yikes, 2 hours! I hear you. I've bought a few from craigslist. it's a nice source.
          Oh ya. I am lucky if I find any locally.
          Richard G

Comment

• yeah, here too. I usually just don't find that many. hit lots of sales, just don't find many. when I do, they are usually santas, snowmen, or nativity pieces. I don't mind as long as I don't have the same exact ones.

Comment

yeah, here too. I usually just don't find that many. hit lots of sales, just don't find many. when I do, they are usually santas, snowmen, or nativity pieces. I don't mind as long as I don't have the same exact ones.
              Yup. That's how sales are here too. I am lucky to find one I don't have. And then if I have one and find another I usually get it. No blow mold left behind. Lol
              Richard G

Comment

• merry Christmas to me. I found this beauty at a garage sale for $5.00.

Comment

• Totally AWESOME score Halorene!!!!

I've left plenty behind. And if I do end up getting a few I don't need I'm quick to find good homes for em. Totally DIG seeing them in other folks Christmas displays.
                  There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

merry Christmas to me. I found this beauty at a garage sale for $5.00.
                    Awesome!! Love that Santa.
                    No yard sale finds for me yet.
                    Richard G

Comment

• Hallo he is indeed top Notch. I have always been a fan of Santas Best blow molds. I think the Mrs. Claus they made to go with him is very nice as well. He was one of my first finds when I was hunting down Christmas Decorations. I always thought he had such nice detail in his toy bag.

Putrid I am with you these days I grab what I want to use and now have been known to leave some behind. I enjoy driving through town and seeing a nice Santa or Snowman placed on a front porch that otherwise may just be living in my storage. When I moved here recently I assessed my collection, called a few friends and gifted some nice items for their displays. I sold a chunk as well but I suppose you cant tell. Seems like I sell 5 things and find 7. I am excited for the display this year as I am restoring some oldies from Poloron, Beco and Mold Craft. Our display will be taking on a new life with an open layout and garden bed themes. Ideally I would like our porch to resemble that of a early 60s Catalog page. I also would like that early Bronners feeling when you walk throughout the house. This year I have a dedicated Christmas Room in my Den with a fireplace so I am excited to take on creativity and create a nice atmosphere.

I look forward to checking in from time to time and seeing how everyone is doing here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Griswold View Post
                        Hallo he is indeed top Notch. I have always been a fan of Santas Best blow molds. I think the Mrs. Claus they made to go with him is very nice as well. He was one of my first finds when I was hunting down Christmas Decorations. I always thought he had such nice detail in his toy bag.

Putrid I am with you these days I grab what I want to use and now have been known to leave some behind. I enjoy driving through town and seeing a nice Santa or Snowman placed on a front porch that otherwise may just be living in my storage. When I moved here recently I assessed my collection, called a few friends and gifted some nice items for their displays. I sold a chunk as well but I suppose you cant tell. Seems like I sell 5 things and find 7. I am excited for the display this year as I am restoring some oldies from Poloron, Beco and Mold Craft. Our display will be taking on a new life with an open layout and garden bed themes. Ideally I would like our porch to resemble that of a early 60s Catalog page. I also would like that early Bronners feeling when you walk throughout the house. This year I have a dedicated Christmas Room in my Den with a fireplace so I am excited to take on creativity and create a nice atmosphere.

I look forward to checking in from time to time and seeing how everyone is doing here.
                        I look forward to seeing a few pics. Lol
                        Richard G

Comment

• General Foam discontinued that mold, which is too bad because I like it.
                          https://christmaslightscreations.com/

Comment

• Would anyone happen to have images of these two Grand Venture candles, that is better than those I posted? I need better images to use on my site. I ran these through my photo editor but as you can see, they're terrible. If you have something I can use, I'll give you credit on the site.

Click image for larger version

Name:	53206-Grand-Venture-Red-Candle-with-Gold-Flame.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	148579Click image for larger version

Name:	53106-Grand-Venture-White-Candle-with-Gold-Flame.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	148580

Comment

• Originally posted by CLCELF1 View Post
                              General Foam discontinued that mold, which is too bad because I like it.
                              Yeah it is sad that they did. They discontinued a lot of the SB molds
                              Richard G

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardG View Post
                                Yeah it is sad that they did. They discontinued a lot of the SB molds
                                Yep, sure did. They don't make the Candy Cane with the Holly, the Angel with Glitter Gold Wings and the Victorian Christmas Carolers either. I liked all of those. And they changed the paint patterns on a number of their molds, especially the nativities and the wisemen. They still make the white reindeer, but changed his antlers to all white. Since when does a deer have brilliant white antlers? It's all about them maximizing profit.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 970 users online. 1 members and 969 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X