blow molds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it does need it. I did repaint a candle that faded from red last year. I had 2 of them, so repainted the one orange. the other candle needs repainting now. I think I will repaint it red though. the candle turned out nice. took a lot of taping and papering

Comment

• the other side has hardly any color to it. I left it out in the sun till it faded like this. here it is being painted. and here it is
      Last edited by halorene; 06-04-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by halorene View Post
        it does need it. I did repaint a candle that faded from red last year. I had 2 of them, so repainted the one orange. the other candle needs repainting now. I think I will repaint it red though. the candle turned out nice. took a lot of taping and papering
        Indeed it does. I went through a roll and a half of masking tape painting a drummer boy. Which will look like crap when I'm done. Lol
        Richard G

www.gierlichchristmas.weebly.com

Comment

• why will it look like crap Richard?

Comment

why will it look like crap Richard?
            Overspray. Taped to close and missed spots. Dark spots. Had a piece of tape covering a spot that I didn't know of and now have to fix that. Bought paint pens tonight to try and fix my screw ups. Not stripping this mold again lol.
            Richard G

Comment

• oh, that's to bad. what are paint pens? hope they work for you

Comment

oh, that's to bad. what are paint pens? hope they work for you
                Like markers almost. I was told to use them for touch ups or when doin the eyes.
                Thanks. Ill make it look at least somewhat decent. Lol
                Richard G

Comment

• when I use to do ceramics, they had something like that. they worked pretty good. where do you find the ones you use? menards?

Comment

• The candle looks really good. I bet it took some time, though- eh?
                    People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

when I use to do ceramics, they had something like that. they worked pretty good. where do you find the ones you use? menards?
                      I wish I had a Menards. I for mine from the arts and crafts section at Walmart.
                      Richard G

Comment

the other side has hardly any color to it. I left it out in the sun till it faded like this. here it is being painted. and here it is

I LOVE that candle !!!
                        Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

• Awesome halorene! Looks fantastic!

Comment

• Here are my latest craigslist treasures. They were $10.00 each and in very great condition!! Not sure who made the Santa. I still need the elf with the presents.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	elf with candy cane.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	148573

Name:	elf with mailbox.jpg
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	148574

Name:	santa.jpg
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	148575

Comment

• thanks sickie. a lot of time. the taping took the longest [tedious]. the painting it was fun. when I got it all done, and took off the tape and paper, I found I had hit some areas where it shouldn't have been painted. it was fresh enough where I managed to scrape it off with my thumb nail. took some scraping though. and then there were a few spots where the tape must have slipped down on small rounded areas, and I had to re tape and spray carefully to not look over sprayed. but I was very happy with the outcome.
                              oh richard, sorry you don't have a menards. probably because it's florida. lol. i'll have to check out walmart

Comment

thanks sickie. a lot of time. the taping took the longest [tedious]. the painting it was fun. when I got it all done, and took off the tape and paper, I found I had hit some areas where it shouldn't have been painted. it was fresh enough where I managed to scrape it off with my thumb nail. took some scraping though. and then there were a few spots where the tape must have slipped down on small rounded areas, and I had to re tape and spray carefully to not look over sprayed. but I was very happy with the outcome.
                                oh richard, sorry you don't have a menards. probably because it's florida. lol. i'll have to check out walmart
                                Next time you have over spray on an area that you have not painted yet. Use a Magic Eraser..with just a little elbow grease they work wonders getting paint off of areas it doesn't belong. Just don't use it on parts you've already painted cause it'll take everything off with it..lol
                                As for Menards....that's exactly why we don't have one. All well....maybe one day in my life time.. Lol
                                Richard G

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1282 users online. 4 members and 1278 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X