blow molds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here they sell at menards, fleet farm, and kmart. sometimes target. mernards has the nicest variety. a house down the street buy all theirs from mernards. every year they add 2 or 3 new ones. they have a nice, big, lovely variety. I have a lot, but mine are mostly garage sale finds, so I don't have the large variety. but I love what I have, and when I put them out, it looks nice. last year I was putting out about 3 a day, and I noticed the lady with the mernards buys went past my house every day on her way to work. i'm a block out of her way. so she must have enjoyed what she saw too. I was flattered.

Comment

• Originally posted by halorene View Post
      here they sell at menards, fleet farm, and kmart. sometimes target. mernards has the nicest variety. a house down the street buy all theirs from mernards. every year they add 2 or 3 new ones. they have a nice, big, lovely variety. I have a lot, but mine are mostly garage sale finds, so I don't have the large variety. but I love what I have, and when I put them out, it looks nice. last year I was putting out about 3 a day, and I noticed the lady with the mernards buys went past my house every day on her way to work. i'm a block out of her way. so she must have enjoyed what she saw too. I was flattered.
      See you're lucky. I would love to have a Menards here... even a True Value..lol. Florida has Garden Ridge, but that's in Orlando and that's about 3 hours give or take one way from my house there. I wish Walmart would carry them again, they always had a nice variety, but then they got to carrying only 2 different ones and carried them every year.
      Like you most of mine are garage sales. Some from stores and some from over the internet. I do love my collection and don't complain, just wish I could walk into Walmart or Kmart and find 3 that I don't have..instead of 3 that I already have. Lol
      Richard G

www.gierlichchristmas.weebly.com

Comment

• does your walmart sell them? I don't think I've seen them in our walmart. that is lucky for you if they do. like I said, mernards have nice ones, but I can't afford the prices. last year I got a Christmas bonus, and I thought I would use it on a camel at menards. I noticed their camels were smaller than the previous years, but still it would be nice to have one. they only had 1 left, and it was the display. I asked if they gave a discount, and they said no. so I passed. i'll eventually find one. the hunt for them is very fun.

Comment

does your walmart sell them? I don't think I've seen them in our walmart. that is lucky for you if they do. like I said, mernards have nice ones, but I can't afford the prices. last year I got a Christmas bonus, and I thought I would use it on a camel at menards. I noticed their camels were smaller than the previous years, but still it would be nice to have one. they only had 1 left, and it was the display. I asked if they gave a discount, and they said no. so I passed. i'll eventually find one. the hunt for them is very fun.
          No, sorry for the confusion, but my Walmart does not sell them. Just tons of inflatables.
          Of course the hunt is fun..of course it's disappointing when you go out hunting and come home empty handed..lol
          Richard G

Comment

• sathy, they are very cute. i love snowmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by sathya44
              I suppose we can ask General Foam to make those? Can we?
              Asking them wont really help
              Richard G

Comment

• I would have to side with RichardG. They'll make what they think will sell. Plus they may not have the rights to those molds.
                There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

• Originally posted by putrid View Post
                  I would have to side with RichardG. They'll make what they think will sell. Plus they may not have the rights to those molds.
                  Thank you.
                  And an added note to that...the steel mold would have to be made and that's probably expensive to make. They also have to have a guarantee that the mold will sell.
                  Look at Linus for example...I was stoked to see that one being made, but never happened. Retailers didn't want it so they didn't make it.
                  Richard G

Comment

Richard G,

I don't think that's the case. The patent of the TPI making those blow molds has probabaly expired. That's because the company has gone out of business.
                    Huh??

All the companies have gone under but GF. For them to make a new mold, think of the cost for everything. Then the game of, will the retailers buy them? Will they sell?
                    Richard G

Comment

You're right. General Foam is one of the only blow mold company still in business. They may be able to make the blow molds of the TPI company, which has gone out of business. That's because the company patent has probably expired. The copyright is probably no longer there. The inflatables take up a lot of energy and too much compression. The blow molds are much easier. Inflatables are easily breakable. They look like garbage on your lawn when they deflate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9319[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9320[/ATTACH]

They should make these. They look cute.
                      Again, they should, but it's back to the cost of making a proto. Then will retailers buy it.
                      Granted inflatables are cheap, they are easier to set up to some (not me) plus they are easy to store. Either in the box they came in or in a tote.
                      Richard G

Comment

• so here is my latest score. I don't have this one, so I was happy. there was also a turkey I was hoping to score, but not for the price it went for. I bid up to $15.00, but it went for $25.00. not a bad price considering I've seen them on ebay for lots more, but not worth it for me if i'm just going to display it. anyway, I like my santa. lol. now how many santas does that make. 11 or 12.
                        Last edited by halorene; 06-03-2013, 09:14 AM.

Comment

so here is my latest score. I don't have this one, so I was happy. there was also a turkey I was hoping to score, but not for the price it went for. I bid up to $15.00, but it went for $25.00. not a bad price considering I've seen them on ebay for lots more, but not worth it for me if i'm just going to display it. anyway, I like my santa. lol. now how many santas does that make. 11 or 12.
                          Congrats on your find.
                          Richard G

Comment

• thanks richard

Comment

thanks richard
                              You're welcome.
                              Richard G

Comment

• This would be a great project for trying out repainting, halorene. Not too big to get your hands wet.
                                People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1034 users online. 1 members and 1033 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X