blow molds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you.. Now lets see if this roll can keep up all year..lol.
    And you're welcome, I thought that was cool to actually own one now. LOL
    Richard G

www.gierlichchristmas.weebly.com

Comment

• The reindeer & sleigh are neat - I never thought the reindeer went on a stand!

I saw one of those sleighs a few weeks ago at a thrift store, but I didn't fight to get it out of the window. I figured if I got the sleigh, I'd need a full set of deer and they didn't have any.

I pass a couple places around town that have the sleigh and all 8 deer mounted on a fence. One of them goes up & over an arbor, too!
      Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

• very nice richard, i hope you have excellant luck all year too.

Comment

• Yeah, the sleigh has the stand with 4 legs on it. I'm happy knowing I already have one, I just couldn't pass it up. LOL

I hope my luck runs like this all year as well.
          Richard G

Comment

• Richard, I hope your luck runs good too. nothing more exciting than the find.
            so I went to my 4th or 5th garage sale, and whoopee ki yay, I found a snowman I didn't have. there were 2 of them. she told me I could have them both for $2.00. one I will probably not keep because it is a duplicate. so am excited about the one. now I have 7 snowmen blow molds.
            Last edited by halorene; 05-07-2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by halorene View Post
              Richard, I hope your luck runs good too. nothing more exciting than the find.
              so I went to my 4th or 5th garage sale, and whoopee ki yay, I found a snowman I didn't have. there were 2 of them. she told me I could have them both for $2.00. one I will probably not keep because it is a duplicate. so am excited about the one. now I have 7 snowmen blow molds.
              That's a cute snowman. I thought about buying it and then I saw Ebay prices and I was like nah...lol
              Richard G

Comment

• Wow Richard, what great luck in finding all those!

Halo, Did you buy them both? You can always use one as a gift or a trade for something you don't have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paint It View Post
                  Wow Richard, what great luck in finding all those!

Halo, Did you buy them both? You can always use one as a gift or a trade for something you don't have.
                  Thank you!!
                  She said she had a candle as well, wasn't open last weekend due to the weather and today, I should have stopped, but was in a hurry.
                  Richard G

Comment

• good luck Richard. I hope it's there and you get it.
                    yes, I got them both. I haven't decided what i'm going to do yet with the second one. maybe give it to a friend. or sell it. not sure. I put a bunch of extras I have to my daughters thrift store last year, but none of them sold. i'll figure something out

Comment

• Originally posted by halorene View Post
                      good luck Richard. I hope it's there and you get it.
                      yes, I got them both. I haven't decided what i'm going to do yet with the second one. maybe give it to a friend. or sell it. not sure. I put a bunch of extras I have to my daughters thrift store last year, but none of them sold. i'll figure something out
                      Thank you
                      Richard G

Comment

• Unfortunately, many of the metal molds used to produce the blow molds were scrapped when the companies that
                        originally made them either went out of business, or were destoyed by the companies that bought the metal molds...
                        Many of the still-existing blow mold dies probably will never be re-produced, due to the high cost of the plastic, other
                        materials, and labor cost...These are the factors that put the popular blow mold company Union Broducts out of business
                        several years ago.- But, many people have tired of the inflatables and their staggering prices, and are now going back to
                        either buying the blow molds that are still being produced, or buying used ones at garage sales, estate sales, thrift stores,
                        and on Ebay..SO, there is still hope for at least a few blow molds to come back.- Let's hope....

Comment

• Originally posted by BlowMoldGuy View Post
                          Unfortunately, many of the metal molds used to produce the blow molds were scrapped when the companies that
                          originally made them either went out of business, or were destoyed by the companies that bought the metal molds...
                          Many of the still-existing blow mold dies probably will never be re-produced, due to the high cost of the plastic, other
                          materials, and labor cost...These are the factors that put the popular blow mold company Union Broducts out of business
                          several years ago.- But, many people have tired of the inflatables and their staggering prices, and are now going back to
                          either buying the blow molds that are still being produced, or buying used ones at garage sales, estate sales, thrift stores,
                          and on Ebay..SO, there is still hope for at least a few blow molds to come back.- Let's hope....
                          Sadly here blow molds are an every other year item according to an Ace manager. One year they will sell great and the next year they don't sell at all. However, you are right..very right. Blow molds are slowly making their come back compared to the cheap inflatables. Plus the crappy customer service you receive from Gemmy. Lets hope this years 3 new blow molds that GF are suppose to being produced will be produced unlike Linus.
                          Richard G

Comment

• To my knowledge, General Foam is the ONLY blow mold manufacturer still in business...Maybe, if enough die-hard Blow mold lovers would sign a petition addressed to the powers that be at General Foam, they might see that inflatables are a thing of the past, and blow molds have come back into popularity.- I would gladly sign it. - I'm thinking that a lot of the other members of The Christmas Fan Club
                            would sign it as well..
                            Last edited by BlowMoldGuy; 05-13-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• I think sales of blow molds speak loud and clear all by themselves. here at menards you can buy a few blow molds every year, and they seem to fly off the shelves fast. Christmas ones faster than Halloween ones. Richard, do they put out the same blow molds 2 years in a row? if so, that could be a reason they only sell good one year and not the next. anyway, I sure love them

Comment

• Originally posted by BlowMoldGuy View Post
                                To my knowledge, General Foam is the ONLY blow mold manufacturer still in business...Maybe, if enough die-hard Blow mold lovers would sign a petition addressed to the powers that be at General Foam, they might see that inflatables are a thing of the past, and blow molds have come back into popularity.- I would gladly sign it. - I'm thinking that a lot of the other members of The Christmas Fan Club
                                would sign it as well..
                                General Foam is the big company. There is also Drainage Industries. Cado Company as well, no they aren't producing blow molds, but they do have a lot of Union's stuff.

Originally posted by halorene View Post
                                I think sales of blow molds speak loud and clear all by themselves. here at menards you can buy a few blow molds every year, and they seem to fly off the shelves fast. Christmas ones faster than Halloween ones. Richard, do they put out the same blow molds 2 years in a row? if so, that could be a reason they only sell good one year and not the next. anyway, I sure love them
                                If they are like all the other stores in my area then yes. Kmart is actually the only other store that carries them in stores. Nativity, Blue Gift Santa, Snowman. For Halloween it's either Ghost holding Pumpkin..or just the pumpkins.
                                Ace I believe he said they where carrying the Nativity.

And that is my logic if they would order a variety and switch them out each year more might sell during the holidays.
                                Richard G

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 951 users online. 2 members and 949 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X