NOMA LED LIGHTS NOT ALL ON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOMA LED LIGHTS NOT ALL ON

I put my NOMA led Christmas lights up this fall as usual and they have been working just fine with no issues and now half of the lights are not coming on .I think I have about 4or 5 sets plugged in.
    Every thing is plugged in so not sure what could be going on.
    Any advise would really be great.

I was able to fix my led light issue. It was just a burned out fuse and once replaced my lights are working great again!!
    We had lots of snow 2wks ago and when everything finally melted the water ended up in the stringing of lights causing the
    fuse to blow.
    When you put a lot of time and energy into your display I really take it personally when issues with the lights occur.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I will have to check the fuses of the strands that are either completely out or partially out.

A problem popped up today with a new strand. A fourth of the lights are dimmer than the rest. Then I look out the window later and they are nice and bright again.

I've had this happen with other strands in past. Either the whole strand goes dim (but not completely out) or part of it.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do about this?
      Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

I have had this happen when one of the lights becomes corroded. When half the string goes dim it will be in that half of the lights. My guess as to why you had a strand go dim and then bright is the corroded bulb wiggled or moved just enough to make solid contact again. Of curse this could also be caused by a loose bulb. I use an LED prop to ientify the bulb.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I will be able to figure out what the problem is.

Today I checked the strand. There are covers screwed in over the bulbs. That at least makes it easy to access the bulbs. I noticed that on 95% of the bulbs the covers were not screwed in all the way. (they were loose) So I screwed them in completely. I figured they should be screwed in completely to keep the moisture out.

But then I got to wondering. Is this done on purpose? Maybe to let condensation get out? I don't think that should be the case but then again you never know.

So the question is .. is it just sloppy work on the part of the manufacturer .. or was it done on purpose?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the help and the input.
          Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1113 users online. 5 members and 1108 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
          X