Decorating Your House

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decorating Your House

How long does it take you to decorate the outside of your house? My parents used to decorate the outside of the house every year, and it would look so good. They didn't this year because things are just getting crazy and they didn't have the time.

Normally, maybe 2 hours tops. This year because of the electric issue, I had to skip them. I will be going to the store to see if I can find some solar lights anywhere.
    I just want a few strands to make the bushes look nice when people come over, nothing fancy. I will worry about better decorations next year when I have more money and time.

Comment

How long? That is really a loaded question.

If you do the same thing every year, depending upon what you do, it could take minutes to hours.

I like to change it up every year personally. This year I went old school with actual bulbs rather than LED's. This year I decorated my HOUSE, not my yard. (my yard is just dead grass and dirt)

Other years I have put up 19 decorated Christmas trees in my yard, and a big corral around them, and light up deer, and and and... but not this year.

Last year it took me "about 2 weeks" if that counts for time. This year, it took me " about 2 weeks" because I changed everything and had no help.

It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as you like it yourself.

Edwin
      Always thinking
      World's Best Manager

Comment

Just the outside? Hmm... I can't really say. I mean it depends on what I am doing. I honestly don't pay attention to the time.

I also tend to decorate things as I come and go. I will throw up some lights and then add to them as I find items in stores. I live in a condo so not much I can do but I make it as festive as possible!

Comment

If I do my full display it takes about 2 weeks. After that I just add small touches for another week.

Comment

That is a question we get asked all the time. I take 2 weeks vacation the last 2 weeks of November. We get all the large items put up during that time. All the lights are hung, cutouts placed, and power cords are laid. For the next week, two, or three, we do the small stuff, connect all the lights, put up garland, ornament the trees, and finish the small decorations.

So, our answer: We don't know how long it takes. We start with 2 weeks and keep going until we get tired of it or the weather shuts us down. That pretty much defines our display for that year.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1421 users online. 6 members and 1415 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
            X