Solar lights... Are they worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar lights... Are they worth it?

I moved a few years ago in to my first house, I believe it was in 2011. I don't have outdoor electric so I have been running long extensions from he garage to get some lights outside.
    My garage's electric hasn't been working, been on the fritz the last few weeks and I didn't even consider trying to do lights this year until someone suggested solar power ones at work on Monday.
    Are they worth trying out? I would like to have some lights for Christmas which means I would have to buy them ASAP and in store.

I think that they would be if you aren't going to move anytime soon. My parents would get them, but once my sister graduates they will leave. So, for them it doesn't seem like it would be a good idea. But, I think that they are good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniDavidson View Post
      I think that they would be if you aren't going to move anytime soon. My parents would get them, but once my sister graduates they will leave. So, for them it doesn't seem like it would be a good idea. But, I think that they are good thing.
      No no, I meant the solar Christmas lights! They sell them now with small panels on them that absorb the sun. This way I avoid the lack of electric I have in my front yard.

Comment

It depends. I have had some that lasted me years and others that didn't make it through one season. If you do buy them, spend extra.

Take it from me.. The cheaper they are, the more likely they are J-U-N-K!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1234 users online. 5 members and 1229 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
        X