Do you prefer LED lights or traditional ones?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to follow myself but ...walking the dogs tonight, I noticed that a few of the neighbors actually turned their lights back on! Maybe to celebrate 1/25?

Comment

This will be my first Christmas using LED. I bought only the red and green LED lights. I wish they would make the gold LED lights, but you cannot find it anywhere. Another reason I am using LED this coming Christmas is because the LED is energy efficient. Having a total of 10 strings of 100 traditional lights on your tree takes up a lot of electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
        This will be my first Christmas using LED. I bought only the red and green LED lights. I wish they would make the gold LED lights, but you cannot find it anywhere. Another reason I am using LED this coming Christmas is because the LED is energy efficient. Having a total of 10 strings of 100 traditional lights on your tree takes up a lot of electricity.

I have definitely seen led lights in the yellow family but maybe that's not specifically what you're looking for.

Will any of these do the trick?

https://www.christmaslightsetc.com/G...ights-8583.htm

Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Has anyone been using those really cool cluster lights that they now have? (I think they've been out for a couple of years now) I've seen them on trees in the store and they look fantastic. But they are pricey. I was just wondering if anyone actually purchased any. And if so .. where do you use them? (tree or elsewhere) If you have them on your tree .. how many strands did it take? Do you think it was worth the money?

Just wondering ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	cluster lights.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	479.1 KB
ID:	187850

Click image for larger version

Name:	cluster lights 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	187851

Last edited by Viktorija; 11-17-2018, 04:08 PM.
          Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Originally posted by Viktorija View Post

I have definitely seen led lights in the yellow family but maybe that's not specifically what you're looking for.

Will any of these do the trick?

https://www.christmaslightsetc.com/G...ights-8583.htm

Thanks for the site.

Comment

I believe those are called garland lights, and since our display outside is so big we have changing over to LED's as much as we can out of necessity even with adding a dedicated circuit we need to keep the lights on and LED's do not draw as much current. And they actually have worked out well for us and we like them, I actually prefer the cool white on the snowmen and icicles because it give the true cold, icy look to those objects, while warm white work well on other items. And of course LED's last longer and require less constant fixing, or replacing bulbs.

Comment

Outside - 3 strands for a total of 75 C9 lights!!!
                Main Tree - C7 (with it being artificial we need to be careful not to melt the needles)
                Other Trees - mini-white
                The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1791 users online. 8 members and 1783 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                X