Do you prefer LED lights or traditional ones?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you prefer LED lights or traditional ones?

If this question has been asked already, I apologize.

Most people still use the old kind of lights, not the super old big bulks but the tipped minis.
    LED's last 3 times as long (so they say) and are much brighter. Which do you prefer to use?

I really only use the old kind, but at some point I would like to get some LED lights. I think that they would look much better if I used them.

Comment

I like the old kind. I find LED light dull in comparison. I put them on the tree one year and took them off immediately. I didn't like them.
      https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Originally posted by mariem View Post
        I like the old kind. I find LED light dull in comparison. I put them on the tree one year and took them off immediately. I didn't like them.
        I find them to be brighter but then again this is only at certain angles. They actually make cute circles on the walls, the ones I use anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniDavidson View Post
          I really only use the old kind, but at some point I would like to get some LED lights. I think that they would look much better if I used them.
          They both look good to me, I mean if anything using LED's over the standard ones would mostly be a money issue. They cost less to run because they use up less electricity.

Comment

LED lights are much better. Which white lights look like the incandescent white lights? Is it the warm white LEDs or the cool white LEDs?

Comment

Originally posted by frosty04 View Post
              LED lights are much better. Which white lights look like the incandescent white lights? Is it the warm white LEDs or the cool white LEDs?
              Warm ones have the off white/yellow glow, if that is what you mean. Cool white or "bright" white are the really bright clear ones. I like mine to have the off white glow to them to soften them up.

Comment

LED lights for me. They are brighter, last longer, and come in more color shades than regular ones.

I found a set I almost got but put back because they were too expensive... You program them on your phone and they can be ANY color you want!

Comment

I use about 80% LEDS on the exterior of my house. I always have to fall back in incans for certain colors such as pink and purple. My light o rama show is divided into 2 controllers on my property and 1 on my neighbors property, box 1 uses all leds as it handles the majority of the show, while box 2 accents Box 1 and the one in my neighbors yard with incans of pink and purple on the small white oaks beside my house. As I said in another post I have already began to buy up lights and blow molds for my neighborhood project. I fell short on time last year but Im gonna get the decorating started November 15

Comment

I prefer the old hot and traditional lights but switched to LEDs two years ago and am happy we did! They look so similar to the old lights that most people don't even notice that we made the switch and without the heat, the tree lasts a lot longer.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1464 users online. 6 members and 1458 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                    X