What colors do you use on your tree?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What colors do you use on your tree?

This is something I always enjoyed playing with. The traditional ways to decorate a tree would be clear, red and green, or multi-colored lights.
    Fro me, I change it each year. This year I did blue and pink. Last year I had green and blue... I try to make it different every year to make it more fun.
    My family actually plays a game, since I have Christmas at my house and invite everyone here... They will try to guess what colors my tree will be done each year.

What colors do you use on your tree?

Right now I have red lights on my tree. I kind of did red, white, and blue for the whole tree without even thinking about it. My tree is white, the lights are red, and all the bulbs are pretty much blue.

Comment

I like the multi colored lights but my new tree only came in clear. The only other tree that I liked had lights that chased, twinkled etc and I can't stand those. I don't like lights that seem to "move". It is the same way with strobe lights. My heart races and I get anxious. I don't have a seizure or anything like some people do from strobe lights but I get a crappy feeling so I avoid anything fancy. Maybe it ages me, or I am turning into a curmudgeon, but I like plain old fashioned lights.

Marie
      https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

I agree that the multicolored lights are nice. That does stink thought that you tree only came with the clear lights. My parents tree did the same thing, but it's old and some of the lights are out now. So, next year they have to get a new tree.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniDavidson View Post
          Right now I have red lights on my tree. I kind of did red, white, and blue for the whole tree without even thinking about it. My tree is white, the lights are red, and all the bulbs are pretty much blue.
          You did a patriotic tree! Haha I actually have a friend who does this but she does it in July, she even celebrated "Christmas in July".
          It is a tradition they started 8 years ago to save money. I love the idea but I like having snow around on Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by mariem View Post
            I like the multi colored lights but my new tree only came in clear. The only other tree that I liked had lights that chased, twinkled etc and I can't stand those. I don't like lights that seem to "move". It is the same way with strobe lights. My heart races and I get anxious. I don't have a seizure or anything like some people do from strobe lights but I get a crappy feeling so I avoid anything fancy. Maybe it ages me, or I am turning into a curmudgeon, but I like plain old fashioned lights.

Marie
            I had some of those icicle lights the one year hanging in my window that blinked and twinkled so much, it gave me migraines! I ended up only turning them on when I wasn't going to be in the living room.
            I didn't feel like taking them down either but I did not make that mistake this year. I do like using twnklers on the tree but the very slow and mild ones. Nothing like that blinding madness I used last year. That was AWFUL!

Comment

I have multi colored ones on mine, I kinda like the clear, but family likes the colored ones, they are growing one me a bit, I don't like the blinking ones or racing ones on my tree either, out door is ok. As a kid we had twinkle bulbs that the single bulb blinked,so the tree would have just a few on them so it blinked randomly in a few spots, I have some of them on the star outside my dad made, so it is a nice memory...
              my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

Originally posted by bethene View Post
                I have multi colored ones on mine, I kinda like the clear, but family likes the colored ones, they are growing one me a bit, I don't like the blinking ones or racing ones on my tree either, out door is ok. As a kid we had twinkle bulbs that the single bulb blinked,so the tree would have just a few on them so it blinked randomly in a few spots, I have some of them on the star outside my dad made, so it is a nice memory...
                I actually grew up with the multicolored lights and half my family likes them and the other half, ehh not so much. lol I just do my own thing and what ever I am feeling. I guess with kids in the picture they have the final say though!

Comment

I do the same colors every year because it is how I decorate my house. I keep everything clean and neutral.

My tree is always done with frosted white lights, silver and black ornaments, and a touch of gold tinsel. Plain to some, but I adore it this way.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1284 users online. 7 members and 1277 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                  X