Papa's Christmas Wonderland 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papa's Christmas Wonderland 2016

Every year over at my other Christmas forum I post a thread on our Christmas decorations for that year.
    We decorate from the front yard to the back porch and every room in between.
    The carpet cleaning is scheduled and I may put a couple of trees together this weekend.
    Hope you all enjoy this years display
    Papa Christmas

"I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!" Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. "The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this. I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!"

Can't wait to see your display!

Comment

I hope it looks like that picture! ;-)
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Well I managed to get the trees on the train layout up.Decorating still a ways off but it's a start.

This is a 5ft x 38in Santa's Best from QVC it has multi function LED lights and the plug between tree sections is in the center tube.

This one is a Hobby Lobby special 4.5 ft by 28in I put the lights on my self (I prefer pre-lit trees)

Not a lot but you have to start somewhere.
        Papa Christmas

"I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!" Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. "The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this. I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!"

Comment

In a word ... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Oh my! This just made my morning! Amazing train room! The town and silhouette are fantastic. I can't wait to see the finished scene.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazing! When you said "train trees", I thought you meant trees, like the ones in Christmas villages. I'm enjoying your displays.

Comment

Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
                In a word ... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Originally posted by Staci View Post
                Oh my! This just made my morning! Amazing train room! The town and silhouette are fantastic. I can't wait to see the finished scene.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by MerryMunchkins View Post
                Amazing! When you said "train trees", I thought you meant trees, like the ones in Christmas villages. I'm enjoying your displays.
                Thanks folks,I guess my secret is out ,I have a 20' x 13' train layout just inside my front door I've been building it since 2007 (I'm obviously in no hurry) If you would like to see the construction photos go here.

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/buck...ast%20Railroad

THe password is papa3rail
                Papa Christmas

Comment

Don't be in too big a hurry to finish your train layout. I had an older friend tell me when I was building my new house that the enjoyment is in the journey and not in the arrival. The joy is building the layout. It is anti climatic when it it finished. The problem is when it is finished you want to start another project like that. The enjoyment is in the building of things. I guess that is why I keep building new things for my display each year.

[QUOTE=papa_christmas;101142]Thanks folks,I guess my secret is out ,I have a 20' x 13' train layout just inside my front door I've been building it since 2007 (I'm obviously in no hurry) If you would like to see the construction photos go here.

Comment

Spent the weekend of the 5th and 6th cleaning house and replacing lights on one of the smaller trees,one of my least favorite decorating tasks but it came out alright.

Got everything out of the attic 40 tubs and boxes.

Had the carpets cleaned last Monday so I started on the tree in the study Tuesday after work.

This is a 71/2 ft. GE Just Cut pre-lit easy shape tree (no fluffing up the branches necessary)

The tree topper is by Hallmark and plugs into the tree lights.

This tree is about 2/3 Hallmark Ornaments several of them are lighted by their own power supply and others plug into the tree lights so I put those on first.

Many of the Hallmark ornaments have batteries in them or slip over tree lights so those and the large ornaments at the bottom of the tree go on next.
                    Papa Christmas

Comment

Spent this past Friday and Saturday plugging away at it .

Finally got finished yesterday morning.

This is our favorite tree but it is the most tedious to decorate but, when it's finished it looks pretty cool, pictures don't do it justice so I'll have to make a video .
                      Any way one tree finished .
                      Papa Christmas

Comment

The tree looks perfect and the carpets look great. Your train room is seriously......serious. Totally cool and I am looking forward to seeing the train all set up. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
                          The tree looks perfect and the carpets look great. Your train room is seriously......serious. Totally cool and I am looking forward to seeing the train all set up. Thanks for sharing this with us.
                          Thanks for the kind words JW
                          Papa Christmas

Comment

While I was busy working on the tree in the study this past weekend, Donna was busy working on her Nutcracker display in the front entry,as usual she did a wonderful job.

Papa Christmas

Comment

Iím working on the trees that are on my Train Layout now and that will finish the front third of the house.
                              Papa Christmas

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1041 users online. 2 members and 1039 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X