Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Vintage Mechanical Window Display

Hi Forum,
    I have posted previously about my collection of the vintage (60's, 70's) mechanical figures that were used in department store windows and I wanted to post some pics and the Youtube video link to the window I completed for this year. The window can be found at Westbury Gallery in Richmond Va and the theme this year is an 18th century masquerade ball with a Christmas twist. Hope you enjoy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-16 21.22.02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	153665

Name:	2013-10-16 21.24.32.jpg
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	153666

Name:	2013-10-16 21.24.48.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	153667

Youtube Video Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgv4JxCHtC0

Great setup what do they cost a piece? Nice work on the back drop!
    Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

Beautifullly done! Did you make their costumes?

Comment

Looks terrific!

Comment

Oh I adore this you did a wonderful job!

Comment

Really a fantastic job, and as usual it looks like a Wonderful Christmas Display!

Comment

Thank you all for the gracious compliments. To answer a few of the questions:

Chris - the prices range dramatically depending on if the sellers know what they have when they put them up for sale. I've purchased some for as little as $15 and up to $175 each.

Paint It - no, I don't make the costumes - these are the original outfits which were put on when they were specially ordered by stores for specific displays.

Thanks again for viewing and the compliments, forum members. Take care and Merry Christmas

Comment

Great job!!

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!
                  Nutcracker fetishist.
                  Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Beautiful display. Good job.
                      https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Originally posted by frogkid11 View Post
                        Thank you all for the gracious compliments. To answer a few of the questions:

Chris - the prices range dramatically depending on if the sellers know what they have when they put them up for sale. I've purchased some for as little as $15 and up to $175 each.

Paint It - no, I don't make the costumes - these are the original outfits which were put on when they were specially ordered by stores for specific displays.

Thanks again for viewing and the compliments, forum members. Take care and Merry Christmas
                        Where can one look for them I would like to start putting them in my Christmas house's they are much better then what I am using now.
                        Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

Breathtaking. It is the type of display one could look at for long periods with great appreciation for all the display details and also for the craftsmanship that went into making the dolls themselves. Very nicely done...again.

Comment

I LOVE it!

They look like they were made yesterday (with old world charm of course!)

As always, you did GREAT Frog!
                            World's Best Manager

Comment

I have a sneaking suspicion that reading this post is ultimately going to cost me a lot of money....

Those figures are incredible!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 781 users online. 2 members and 779 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X