X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New decorations for 2017

What are you getting for 2017

We picked these up

got some more shephers for the manger scene, some minon inflatables, added some tinsel penguins, dogs cats and bears. But biggest addition is 9 blow mold deer and sleigh that I can put on roof.

Comment

I'm in the Hurricane Harvey zone and lost all of my Christmas decorations. Everything will be new this year. Every tree, bauble, bead, ornament, icicle, you name it. It's overwhelming and exciting at the same time. I'm also in a new place. I just started my shopping yesterday.

Comment

We got lot's of new this year including a giant nativity 10' Hx10 1/2' W, we're working on our display it is so huge takes us a month to get all up! my Utube video is coming folks, will start on it Dec. 1st. our first lighting happens.

Comment

Originally posted by timpwk View Post
          got some more shephers for the manger scene, some minon inflatables, added some tinsel penguins, dogs cats and bears. But biggest addition is 9 blow mold deer and sleigh that I can put on roof.
          I want to see that reindeer & sleigh!! Sounds awesome!
          Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by GiggleFairy View Post
            I'm in the Hurricane Harvey zone and lost all of my Christmas decorations. Everything will be new this year. Every tree, bauble, bead, ornament, icicle, you name it. It's overwhelming and exciting at the same time. I'm also in a new place. I just started my shopping yesterday.
            It is sad when the ornaments that have many memories are lost but I am sure it is exciting to start fresh. I have found the last Christmas and this Christmas that I have been buying a lot of inexpensive, plastic, shatterproof ornaments because of our Harley (newest dog/Newfoundlander puppy). I am hesitant to put out my Hallmarks and European glass and other fancier ornaments. The stores are sure coming out with a lot of pretty stuff now that "decorator" colors and themes are more widely used. There are unlimited choices now when it comes to new ornaments and today I went to four different stores and to be honest it can be a little overwhelming.

Here are some of my recent purchases or this and that. Some will be used this year and others are for future trees that I am gathering for.

Last week's purchases.
            Last edited by mariem; 11-15-2017, 12:19 AM.
            https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Todays purchases from Walmart, Canadian Tire, Winners, Dollarama. Hopefully by next year Harley will have outgrown his Goofball stage and I will be able to trust him around the tree without having to use so many shatterproof ornaments. I miss the real shine from glass ornaments. I am going to have a lot of inexpensive "bling" on my tree this year to get some shine on the tree.

Marie
              Last edited by mariem; 11-15-2017, 12:20 AM.
              https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2172 users online. 10 members and 2162 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
              X